x36HP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I have my BCT15X programmed very simply to facilitate ease of turning on and locking out systems when I'm driving. For example, in CA I'll have Alameda County, San Mateo County and Santa Clara County agencies programmed-in with systems like "Alameda 800MHz", "Santa Clara Fire" and such, with a single quick key for each. When I'm changing areas as I drive I just press the corresponding QK button to lock things in and lock things out. Very simple and I can do this by feel without even looking at the scanner.

Is this possible with the x36HP's, or do you have to sort of "drill down" with several button presses?

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
For the first 10 favorites, you can do it the same way, except you have to press # then enter, where previously you just had to hit #.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
For the first 10 favorites, you can do it the same way, except you have to press # then enter, where previously you just had to hit #.

Ok so instead of just "number" now it's "number, enter". Not too bad I guess. Thanks.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
To be quite honest, I think it would be nice if Uniden could do a firmware update to the 96XT scanners so the quick key sequence on them is just like the x36 models. As in SS.GG <Enter>.

SCPD

QRT
You are also set up the 3 In either the same FL as you are in the same area. AND CAN HEAR THEM IN THE SAME LOCATION
OR 3 WAY FL 1, 2 3
FYI: Manhattan, Broonk and Brooklyn probably further apart then the 3 county you like to separate
in CALIFORNIA.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Coming from the 396XT and 996XT, I found the new FL, Sys, Dept QK thing to be a temporary PITA. However, after a couple of days getting used to it, I know find this procedure to be the most flexible I have ever used among all the scanners I have ever owned (Uniden, GRE, RS, most all models). Just this flexibility alone together with the built-in replay/recorder feature is enough (IMHO) for someone to consider upgrading. My 436HP and two 536HPs are great in regards to the above.

Steve AA6IO

Status
Not open for further replies.