x36hp/sds sentinel One Freq Trunk P-Ch (Pri)

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
On One Freq Trunk when you put in talkgroup and slot and go to P-Ch it is not selectable. Is there a way to change that? Some people ask me about it for over a few years about it. @UnidenSupport

Screen Shot 08-03-20 at 11.54 AM.JPG

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you were to compare the Options for a 1 Frequency P25 system with a "regular" P25 trunk system you will see that there is no Priority ID Scan option. Since there is no Priority ID Scan, there isn't a reason to set priority channels.

Why there is no option to do Priority talkgroup scanning, I am unable to explain other than hazarding a guess is that there is no reason for a priority due to the nature of the system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you were to compare the Options for a 1 Frequency P25 system with a "regular" P25 trunk system you will see that there is no Priority ID Scan option. Since there is no Priority ID Scan, there isn't a reason to set priority channels.

Why there is no option to do Priority talkgroup scanning, I am unable to explain other than hazarding a guess is that there is no reason for a priority due to the nature of the system.
That would be similar to my guess. On an OFT system, you can only have one transmission in progress at a time. There is no "other frequency" for the scanner to review, since it can only receive one signal at a time. Unlike a true P25 system, where there is a control channel that can be checked for a Priority TGID in use, there is none for an OFT system.