x36HP-series CC reacquire

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Question for UPMan...

When the x36HP-series radios (or any late model Uniden) reacquire a trunked control channel either during a return to the system from scanning or the "housekeeping" do they go to the last known CC or does it scan the complete list again looking for a CC?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Figured it out myself. Found out where the radio oscillates and sat on on one of the frequencies that is not the current CC with a different radio and did a "Site" hold. While the radio did it's "housekeeping" it never went to that frequency. I confirmed this with several non-CC frequencies.

troymail

Silent Key
Figured it out myself. Found out where the radio oscillates and sat on on one of the frequencies that is not the current CC with a different radio and did a "Site" hold. While the radio did it's "housekeeping" it never went to that frequency. I confirmed this with several non-CC frequencies.

I assume your findings were that the radio (re)starts scanning using the last known good CC frequency - is that true?

On a related note (not to steal the thread but I'm not sure the backgound behind your original question) it's still baffles me why the radio misses so much activity when scanning from system to system (my 536 scans right through a system without stopping on known active talkgroups).

Doing some experimentation the other day (started fresh with all new programming/favorites lists), the radio "seemed" to work better with no department quick keys programmed. Once QKs were added and some type of "order" was placed on the talkgroups, the performance degraded (or so it seemed). That is - if you're running "wide open" and listening to anything and everything (with no QKs/tailored programmed/grouping), I was more likely to hear activity I was looking for. I'm starting to think the firmware is taking too long to acquire a clean CC and then check all the active talkgroups against the departments (considering lockouts/avoids) - effectively "timing out" before finishing checking everything.... but this is all just a guess... Some of this is based on all the early talk about the "order" things are scanned in as well as some suggesting that increasing the "delay" (I think they meant hold time) to 2 seconds improves things (but of course slows the radio scan rate down even more).

Note: nearly everything I listen to is digital not analog - minimal Motorola Type II, mostly P25 Phase1 and Phase 2.

I certainly *hope* this is being investigated for possibly solutions.....

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I assume your findings were that the radio (re)starts scanning using the last known good CC frequency - is that true?

On a related note (not to steal the thread but I'm not sure the backgound behind your original question) it's still baffles me why the radio misses so much activity when scanning from system to system (my 536 scans right through a system without stopping on known active talkgroups).

Doing some experimentation the other day (started fresh with all new programming/favorites lists), the radio "seemed" to work better with no department quick keys programmed. Once QKs were added and some type of "order" was placed on the talkgroups, the performance degraded (or so it seemed). That is - if you're running "wide open" and listening to anything and everything (with no QKs/tailored programmed/grouping), I was more likely to hear activity I was looking for. I'm starting to think the firmware is taking too long to acquire a clean CC and then check all the active talkgroups against the departments (considering lockouts/avoids) - effectively "timing out" before finishing checking everything.... but this is all just a guess... Some of this is based on all the early talk about the "order" things are scanned in as well as some suggesting that increasing the "delay" (I think they meant hold time) to 2 seconds improves things (but of course slows the radio scan rate down even more).

Note: nearly everything I listen to is digital not analog - minimal Motorola Type II, mostly P25 Phase1 and Phase 2.

I certainly *hope* this is being investigated for possibly solutions.....

No thread stealing, I think you understand why I was curious.

Yes, it appears the x36HP radios (and probably all current Unidens) go back to the last known CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.