x36HP's - FM good, NFM bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Just saw a couple posts where changing the modulation from NFM to FM solved a lot of delayed unmuting problems. That would be great for everyone if this is a universally applicable fix!

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Just saw a couple posts where changing the modulation from NFM to FM solved a lot of delayed unmuting problems. That would be great for everyone if this is a universally applicable fix!

Yes, I saw that and it was on a P25 Conventional System using a 536 which is a bit of a surprise. I would have thought it would need to go the other way FM to NFM to work correctly, but maybe the firmware in the 536 has some digital filtering errors, if so, it could be fixed with corrections in the firmware.

However, we need to get the word out and your post may help others give it a try and we will soon know if it helps or not and if it does on what systems.

Fingers Crossed!

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Setting freqs to FM also solved a decoding issue on a VHF P25 trunked system.

If you are having strange decoding issues, it is worth a shot.

JoeyC

This is promising. I've set the sites on my trunked system as FM (instead of the default Auto) and it seems to be functioning better in the few minutes I've been listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.