• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

X9000E question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic1431

Premium Subscriber
Hi, Im new to the radio world and for my first radio i picked up an x9000E with the systems 9000. I dont plan on transmitting yet as i want to learn a little more about radios before i get into the local ham club. Anyways I have the cable from the radio to the systems 9000 but i need the cable to the control head and the cable for the wildcard box, it happens to control a lightbar? The only thing i see that is missing is theres no siren control on the control head. Control head is HCN1045A, Cable from the radio to the pa amp is HNK4304A, and the pa amp is HLN1185b-1. Any help would be appriciated.
thanks

Medic

Medic1431

Premium Subscriber
So no one has any ideas or can point me in the right direction?

jim202

It sounds like you have a Syntor X9000 that your looking for the cable to the DEK box. This
should plug into the control head right next to the mic.

Not sure when you say you need the cable to the control head.

You can try looking on the site Batwing Laboratories and select the radio section and then go to
the mobiles selection. You should see the mobiles. Select the Syntor X9000.

Another place is the repeater builders site.

Jim

Hi, Im new to the radio world and for my first radio i picked up an x9000E with the systems 9000. I dont plan on transmitting yet as i want to learn a little more about radios before i get into the local ham club. Anyways I have the cable from the radio to the systems 9000 but i need the cable to the control head and the cable for the wildcard box, it happens to control a lightbar? The only thing i see that is missing is theres no siren control on the control head. Control head is HCN1045A, Cable from the radio to the pa amp is HNK4304A, and the pa amp is HLN1185b-1. Any help would be appriciated.
thanks

Medic

Medic1431

Premium Subscriber
Sorry i ment the cable from the radio unit itself to the control head. I only have the cable from the sys9000 amp to the radio unit. i need the T cable but cant find one or i may be looking for the wrong cable

Medic1431

Premium Subscriber
I found out from a guy who has a complete system for sale that the cable he has on his is HNK4304A, I have the same cable but no cable to control head. Hope that clears it up a bit.

ff026

Feed Provider
Sorry i ment the cable from the radio unit itself to the control head. I only have the cable from the sys9000 amp to the radio unit. i need the T cable but cant find one or i may be looking for the wrong cable

keep your eyes open on ebay, x9000 T- cables are not a very popular item. You do not need a DEK box to control the siren you need the X9000 RSS for the control head to programm the control head to control the siren. If i remember correctly there are 2 programms for the X9000 one for the control head and one for the Radio itself, but it has been a long time since i have program my x9000. By the way what band is your radio?

Medic1431

Premium Subscriber
Its 800MHz. I actually should be getting a complete spectra with the sys9000 tomorrow morning. Its a vhf model.

Status
Not open for further replies.