• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG-100M and DMR

merlin

You do know P25 C4FM is not the same as Yaesu C4FM..

In your features list above you only have Encryption Lite (ARC4/ADP). Your P7100 will not do ARC4.

Also, just because you can select it in the software doesn't mean the radio will do it. If you have the Wideband Disabled option then you will get an error on the radio when you select a channel with an incompatible option turned on.
I get no errors, but conventional analog is low audio on P25 analog so the bandwidth looks to be automatic.
I am not much into Yaesu but do know a good bit about C4FM.
Encryption is no issue being bench test radios. Not yet anyway.

merlin

So you can do P25C, Phase I & II, as well as ProVoice, but no 37 AES or even 14 DES. I think 62 is single key AES, so if you have 37 on your P7100, you could use AES between them with applicable commercial license.

-B
Nope, the 7100 lacks AES but does have DES.

merlin

I'll throw in a TYT DMR handheld so you will have a compatible radio and you can retire all those old Harris radios. Lets get this trade going!
Tel ya what, I have a good 50 Harris radios and a good number of Moto. I do hope to get rid of a bunch
XG-100M M7300 one P7100 one 700Pi one M7100 and one Orion low band are my test platforms for now.
Everything else is up for grabs. You got the first call.

So you can do P25C, Phase I & II, as well as ProVoice, but no 37 AES or even 14 DES. I think 62 is single key AES, so if you have 37 on your P7100, you could use AES between them with applicable commercial license.

-B
I believe for the Unity's specifically, 37 covers both AES & DES (multi key for each). 61 for ADP/ARC4 is the only it does not include.

Single key is different. 62 would be single key AES, single key DES is 53.

apco25

Batlabs OG
Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica
For the love of the the radio gods the XG100M supports the following.

Digital Voice

P25 conventional. P25 Phase 1 Trunking, P25 Phase 2 Trunking each requires a specific feature code. The radio supports these in either the CH100 Touchscreen, CH721 or CH731 HHCH configuration. The radio also supports DES and AES encryption and ARC40 (ADP)

ONLY with the CH721 or CH731 will the radio ADDITIONALLY support legacy EDACS, PROVOICE (proprietary IMBE vocoder) or very old school VGE digital voice encryption over analog). If you use the CH100 control head you LOSE EDACS and PROVOICE.

THERE ARE NO OTHER COMPETITOR DIGITAL VOICE STANDARDS SUPPORTED
- NONE NADDA ZIP. NO NXDN, NO ETSI DMR, NO ANALOG Trunking.

NO the radio does not support OPENSKY

Further, the XG100P (legacy, ancient and discontinued) has NOTHING in common with the XG100M (still current for specific contracts) other than a slightly similar GUI interface. The radios share ZERO HARDWARE.

Last edited by a moderator: