• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG-100M Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I see the SRN does say that T02 will require RPM2 for the 100M so I won't be updating mine for the forseeable future. And no fixes for the 100P so I will just stay at P01 for now on both.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've definitely programmed mine with RPM14 in the past. I'll test it again later today and report back. But you are correct, there isn't anything earth shattering there to make you upgrade (new features wise at least).

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
I have P01 on my 100P but the real question is if there are any XG-100M/P related updates in the newer T02. We need to see the release notes.
Is there any noticeable improvements in performance or bug fixes with the XG100P

rjschilder

Premium Subscriber
I’m shocked it the update is even XG100P compatible… I thought Harris stopped updates completely at XLPR06P
It still works for the XG100p, but there is a gotcha in there about none of the newer firmware features applying to the 100p...

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
It still works for the XG100p, but there is a gotcha in there about none of the newer firmware features applying to the 100p...
Oh yeah new features have been history for some time now with last XGP-verison

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Yes you can use RPM14 to update the radio. I've already done my 100P and planned on doing my 100M last night... but it appears RPM2 doesn't like Windows 11 on my laptop. It refuses to see the radio no matter how I connect to it. Switch back to RPM14 and it sees the radio just fine. Grrrr!

Windoze 11, there's your problem. I had no end of trouble with it; some devices would work, some wouldn't. I finally said life's too short for this nonsense and went back to Win 10.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
So I got some interesting news today… I have a 100P with type99 and mdc1200. I wanted to add these to the 100M and my dealer said that TAC told him that recent firmware incorporates both of these directly into the firmware and there is no longer a need to add these to the feature string of either radio. So what version of firmware adds these features as standard? If it was R06P01, you would think a bunch of us would have those features now since a lot of us seem to have this firmware, yet people are still saying they wish they had them… I can’t figure out what version adds these features as standard! Anyone have an idea about that?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I know I have MDC in my 100M, but I'm pretty sure it's in my feature string. I'll take a look in the morning.

Also, I updated both of my XG-75s to R06T02 tonight and they both work just fine with RPM14.

For what its worth, I'll verify that I have loaded T02 firmware into my Unity mobile and CH100 with RPM14 and later written it with RPM2 no problem.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
For what its worth, I'll verify that I have loaded T02 firmware into my Unity mobile and CH100 with RPM14 and later written it with RPM2 no problem.

Thats great news!! Thanks for that. Now if I could just figure out if this firmware integrates mdc1200 and type99 or what version Harris TAC is talking about I’d be all set! I guess I’ll just upgrade and give it a shot…

-B

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
Thats great news!! Thanks for that. Now if I could just figure out if this firmware integrates mdc1200 and type99 or what version Harris TAC is talking about I’d be all set! I guess I’ll just upgrade and give it a shot…

-B
I believe MDC1200 came
Standard after a certain reversion letter (can be revealed by removing battery and slowly peeling up barcode/serial number sticker located on the lower portion inside under the Harris logo and catalog#.. it’s hiding underneath there)

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber

-B
Umm T99 I believe was never standard… that’s always been a customer purchased item as theres many many agencies I.e military base guards that have no need for T99 signaling

BMDaug

I am licensed…
That’s why this is so weird. They are clearly features available as add-ons, but Harris TAC told my (reputable) dealer that it’s not possible to purchase because I no longer need to purchase it. And it’s not like they just don’t want to sell my dealer stuff. They will happily sell votescan, which I’ll be purchasing for both radios very soon.

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
That’s why this is so weird. They are clearly features available as add-ons, but Harris TAC told my (reputable) dealer that it’s not possible to purchase because I no longer need to purchase it. And it’s not like they just don’t want to sell my dealer stuff. They will happily sell votescan, which I’ll be purchasing for both radios very soon.
The only votescan system I know and am aware of in my area is the NYS Thruway

BMDaug

I am licensed…
The only votescan system I know and am aware of in my area is the NYS Thruway
Per the manual, votescan works on analog and conventional P25. There’s several analog votescanned repeaters near me. Some for amateurs and some for commercial. It does work on analog and P25CAI right??
-B

BMDaug

I am licensed…
I can also report that loading T02 to a 100M is successful using RPM14C05. I updated burnapp, bootapp, main firmware, and control head firmware. Wrote and read the personality and everything seems to work great! Now to test and see if mdc1200 and type99 are there…

LLOYD0703

Premium Subscriber
Good morning all. Need some help please. I've been using an XG-100M with the 721 head. Everything has been fine. Read the radio with a standard serial cable, updated the codeplug with no issues and then back to the radio. Now that I have it the way I want it, this morning I disconnected the 721 and Connected the CH-100 Color head. I turned the radio on and everything seems fine but it's like the codeplug isn't there. When I go to program the radio by selecting the XG-100M/CH-100, the program feature is not highlighted. So, I figured I needed to read the radio. It will read through the radio but not the head. I'm stuck.

What am I doing wrong or missing. ??

Thank you all so much for your help

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Make sure you are programming using the Unity Product Management tab. I use either Bluetooth or USB connected to the control head.

When you upgrade to the CH-100 things operate a little differently. The control head can store multiple profiles and let you switch between them on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.