• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG-100p NAS

SRLFD-613

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

i recently programed 2 systems into my radio and system 1 takes forever to lock on to the site and acts as it supposed to. system 2 doesnt even register. the 2 systems are almost identical systems. i guess what im asking is this normal behavior? or have i completely missed a step somewhere as this is the 1st time im programming a harris unit.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
If it just stays searching for control channel, check your NAC. RPM fills out a default NAC based on the sysid that may not be correct. The RRDB has NACs by site for many (most?) systems.
I assume (and hope) you set registration timer to never.

SRLFD-613

Premium Subscriber
If it just stays searching for control channel, check your NAC. RPM fills out a default NAC based on the sysid that may not be correct. The RRDB has NACs by site for many (most?) systems.
I assume (and hope) you set registration timer to never.
Yes first thing I did was set both to never. I’ve looked and based on that I imputed the information into the mission plan but my main concern is the time it takes for the radio to recognize the system

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
If these are simulcast systems, make sure that "Linear Simulcast" is checked.
Are you using Fixed ProScan for the roaming type? Even if you are trying to setup RSSI based roaming, Fixed is a good first troubleshooting step since it keeps it simple. Note that if you use Fixed, the NAC, RFSS and Site IDs must be 100% correct.

SRLFD-613

Premium Subscriber
If these are simulcast systems, make sure that "Linear Simulcast" is checked.
Are you using Fixed ProScan for the roaming type? Even if you are trying to setup RSSI based roaming, Fixed is a good first troubleshooting step since it keeps it simple. Note that if you use Fixed, the NAC, RFSS and Site IDs must be 100% correct.
I am using linear simulcast and i have fixed proscan checked. ive double checked the information via RRDB and secondary sources all believe the 2 site ids are correct.

timkilbride

Database Admin
How many frequencies are programmed into the trunked set? Even the current production XL-200p takes some time if the trunked set has a lot of frequencies.

Tim