• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG-100P service manual

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
what are you trying to do? the only thing you will find is TXCO tuning and thats literally it. from these radios on (XL series included) Harris essentially does not want anyone other then TAC to open up radios

prcguy

Yes, even though you bought the radio and its in your hands, it belongs to Mr. Harris. You are just holding it for him for now.

what are you trying to do? the only thing you will find is TXCO tuning and thats literally it. from these radios on (XL series included) Harris essentially does not want anyone other then TAC to open up radios

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
Yes, even though you bought the radio and its in your hands, it belongs to Mr. Harris. You are just holding it for him for now.
Even then once opened… good luck finding any “gut” components available for sale.. most people use a broken parts radio to cann small items.. also remember most internal components such as keypad, speaker also I believe are serial # proprietary and cannot be swapped

KC2TJS

Okay I’m starting to see that you really don’t find a lot of information for Harris radios on the internet. But that’s half fun when you find it. I have a couple of other Harris radios I was bitten by the Harris radio bug A few months ago.

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
Okay I’m starting to see that you really don’t find a lot of information for Harris radios on the internet. But that’s half fun when you find it. I have a couple of other Harris radios I was bitten by the Harris radio bug A few months ago.
The most info you’ll find honestly is in the RPM help section

TDR-94

You will find that the XG-100P is a "black hole", when it comes to obtaining parts or servicing.

All of that was internal to L3HARRIS.

KC2TJS

I have been looking for about the past seven months for a maintenance manual and parts list for the XG-100P. This radio is definitely in the black hole for parts and service. Still a very nice radio.

TDR-94

The maintenance manual doesn't really contain any list of parts and field serviceable parts were discontinued. Any other parts were never made available.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
The maintenance manual doesn't really contain any list of parts and field serviceable parts were discontinued. Any other parts were never made available.
Ya field serviceable parts were what, the antenna, battery, belt clip, and volume/channel knobs? That’s about it…

I have a 100M for parts… did an entire chassis swap when the jack screw for the 44 pin port sheared off in the chassis. The power connector (which is a Conxall part, but made specifically for Harris and not orderable through a Conxall dealer), was also cracked, so I found a parts radio and changed everything broken out at once… Well, I actually had a dealer do it so I could have it aligned at the same time. Still have lots of spare parts that I hopefully never have to use for either of my 100Ms!!

-B

mancow

Database Admin
Even then once opened… good luck finding any “gut” components available for sale.. most people use a broken parts radio to cann small items.. also remember most internal components such as keypad, speaker also I believe are serial # proprietary and cannot be swapped

That's crazy. That kind of crap should be illegal.

TDR-94

That's crazy. That kind of crap should be illegal.

Well, the XG-100P was based on the same architecture RF-310M-HH and you won't find a service manual or service parts for those either. The XG-100P was an odd ball in the PSPC line of radios.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Yea, M sucks but at least you can get service manuals.
Fair, but OTOH, I am free to up/downgrade the firmware version on my Harris radios to match site requirements and user needs… the catalog of firmware is available to anyone with a Tech Link account.

I was just reading a thread about having to upgrade an entire site because M sent SUs back from depot with the latest firmware and there was no recourse but to upgrade everything else in the system so the returned radios would play nice…

@TDR-94 Ya, if it’s green, nobody gets to play with the insides…

-B

Attachments

• 33022417.pdf
    733.7 KB · Views: 172

mancow

Database Admin
Fair, but OTOH, I am free to up/downgrade the firmware version on my Harris radios to match site requirements and user needs… the catalog of firmware is available to anyone with a Tech Link account.

I was just reading a thread about having to upgrade an entire site because M sent SUs back from depot with the latest firmware and there was no recourse but to upgrade everything else in the system so the returned radios would play nice…

@TDR-94 Ya, if it’s green, nobody gets to play with the insides…

-B
WTF I've never seen that publication or image. That's crazy and cool as hell. Thanks for posting.
But yes for no getting info it's bull****. I had a cap explode inside my RF-5800MHH001 and scoured the globe looking for info. Finally, I was able to fix it myself. Our tax money goes to pay these asshats and this is how we are treated.

Last edited:

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
WTF I've never seen that publication or image. That's crazy and cool as hell. Thanks for posting.
But yes for no getting info it's bull****. I had a cap explode inside my RF-5800MHH001 and scoured the globe looking for info. Finally, I was able to fix it myself. Our tax money goes to pay these asshats and this is how we are treated.
I feel ya! I do think that our perception is skewed because we are hobbyists… As I try and legitimize my dealings with Harris, it becomes easier and easier to get quick answers and real information. I started a business and finally broke down and purchased RPM2 (which also comes with RPM14), which gave me a Harris customer number and an excellent support path through a fantastic dealer. All of a sudden, getting the info I need seems to only take a bit of patience. Next is a Tech Link account, which will make things much more streamlined, but my point is that Harris just draws a very hard line when it comes to dealing with hobbyists and individuals. Trust me, those that allocate our tax dollars to L3H see a completely different tier of service than you or I. It’s a hard pill to swallow in the immediate, but it is the model they have chosen and I still prefer the support model and the hardware itself to anything else.

-B