• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xg100p no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
You’d know much better than I would. I said PRC-152 and perhaps my nomenclature is off. I was under the impression it was still being used, but that is wayyyy out of my area of expertise. JTRS and FirstNet typically get grouped together in big money spending flops of the century categories.

Entirely possible HRT is using the new waveforms, but again that is way above my head. They deploy internationally and very frequently train at JFK Special Warfare skoo I wouldn’t be shocked to learn they have a need for that and an APX8000.

I gotta know did they keep the pogos?

TDR-94

IF im not mistaking, i believe the Falcon PRC-152 has been is pretty much obsolete operationally in the us military

Your probably thinking of the PRC-148. The US Army started the phase out of the PRC-148's in 2013. They were the largest purchaser of them.They intern replaced them with PRC-152's and some THALES MBITR 2's were also purchased for a specifc US ARMY unit.

Last edited:

TDR-94

I gotta know did they keep the pogos?

The new Falcon IV PRC-163 uses pogo pins, The public safety radios had been using pogo pins for the battery and other internal connections since the advent of the Com-Net/Ericsson/M/A-Com Jaguar 700P.

The pogo pins on the XG-100P are less robust than on the HARRIS or THALES military handhelds and thinner than the previous ones used on other HARRIS aquired public safety radios.

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I am by no means an expert on Harris gear. I can only offer my experiences with the several thousand radios that we manage.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Its a known issue, I have had a handful with bad speakers, just randomly go dead. Works fine with a speaker mic attached, just nothing out of the main speaker.
I have seen this issue with the internal microphones. Connect a speaker mic and all is good, otherwise all you get is carrier.

apco25

Batlabs OG
Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica
These radios do not suffer from "replicant" errors. Your need to comment incorrect info here is just as bad as on Facebook.

reload the mission plan.... REMEMBER NEVER EVER read a out a radio modify contents and write back as u run the risk of a replication error... if if you have to modify a mission plan, do so from one saved on your PC and and overwrite the existing one on the radio. heres something a replication error compares to in a simpler sense: you make a photocopy of a any document, then photocopy that copy... the 3rd photocopy is not going too look anywhere near perfect when u hold it side by side to the original document.

Status
Not open for further replies.