• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xg100p programing issue?

n9ihx

Premium Subscriber
Having an issue programing myXG100p. I have a XG100m also that I programed the same mission plan and its working great. I programed my xg100p which has the options needed such as trunking , P25, and wideband enabled. The issue is when I try to scan conventional freqs such as ham, marine, and railroad I get an invalid channel alert. That issue only happens when I add a trunking system to the mission plan. . If the conventional channels are the only ones in the radio they work fine. If the trunking is added the systems all work correctly the trunking works fine but I can't scan the conventional. The same freqs entered in a p25 system work correctly and will scan. Also gmrs channels work correctly. The exact same mission plan in my 100m works correctly. I locally entered all the freqs I didn't just dump the mobile plan in and the issue is still there. Its probably something stupid been thru it a bunch of times and can't find anything programmed incorrectly. Wondering if anyone has seen this before and may have the solution.

Greg...N9ihx

Wauk620

KD9PQM
Premium Subscriber
Hi Greg. Are you programming for NAS? If so, check your Tx/Rx frequency pairs to ensure both are within the 100p’s parameters. Sometimes the Ham offsets don’t match Harris‘s preset splits. Just a thought. 73’s - John KD9PQM

nikronzo

Your radio is most likely not featured out for a trunking or trunking-related feature set. Invalid Channel means theres something in your mission plan that isnt enabled in the radio itself, since RPM does nothing to stop you from programming in functions that are not actually enabled in the radio itself. Check your feature set and see what is enabled in the radio.

Last edited by a moderator:

n9ihx

Premium Subscriber
Hi Greg. Are you programming for NAS? If so, check your Tx/Rx frequency pairs to ensure both are within the 100p’s parameters. Sometimes the Ham offsets don’t match Harris‘s preset splits. Just a thought. 73’s - John KD9PQM
Hi John…Its strange the mobile works fine with the same mission plan. The conventional stuff works fine until I add a trunking system to the mission plan so I would presume there is something amiss with the trunking system. All the pairs are correct and the p25 conventional stuff scans ok. I think it may have something to do with the scanning but not sure. The alerts say invalid timestamp invalid channel in system.

Greg

n9ihx

Premium Subscriber
You're radio is most likely not featured out for a trunking or trunking-related feature set. Invalid Channel means theres something in your mission plan that isnt enabled in the radio itself, since RPM does nothing to stop you from programming in functions that are not actually enabled in the radio itself. Check your feature set and see what is enabled in the radio.
Don’t think thats the issue. The trunking systems work correctly if they’re in the radio with or without the conventional systems and the conventional systems work correctly and scan if there is no trunking system in the radio. Also if the conventional analog freqs are put in a p25 conventional system it all works correctly.
Options:
P25 data
Otap
P25 conventional
Otar
Encryption
Trunking
Vhf, uhf. 7-800
Des-cfb
Phase 2
Gps
Bluetooth
P25 E data
P25 inband gps

n9ihx

Premium Subscriber
Loaded two separate mission plans one conventional and the other trunking. Both are working correctly so for some reason I can’t have trunking and conventional combined in the same mission plan.