• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG25M P25 issues

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
We are live with a two site multicast P25 system (RF Technologies multicast).

We have a fleet of VHF XG25M radios and XG25P units. We have a recurring issue on the both, mostly the mobiles, where an officer will call out an entire traffic stop and NOTHING is heard. They rekey, and are crystal clear.... no drop in audio.

This happens numerous times a shift.

I recently heard that Harris had some early firmware issues in some of their units. I do not know if these units are in that catagory but has anybody experienced this?

The radios are all within 5 years old but will admit, have never been aligned. My plan is to have our vendor upgrade all firmware this week and align the units being that we were on analog before.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Harris is no different from other manufacturers in the sense that firmware is ever evolving and they issue updates to add features and fix bugs. It would be helpful to know the firmware in the radios experiencing the issues. Harris provides release notes with the firmware updates, and you can check your issue against the problem resolutions for newer firmware. If the newest firmware and alignment doesn't resolve your problem, you can open a ticket with Harris TAC. As the XG-25M is still a supported radio, they may take steps to collect some logs and potentially work in a fix for your problem in a future release.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I know there are some simulcast checkboxes in various places in RPM. Maybe check that those are set properly.

-B
If it's a multicast (as per the OP) then the simulcast settings won't make any difference.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
If its multicast does Harris support vote scan ? You would need vote scan or would need to select one site. Just sounds off to me. Op can you share the system you are on ? May help us better understand your issue.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
If its multicast does Harris support vote scan ? You would need vote scan or would need to select one site. Just sounds off to me. Op can you share the system you are on ? May help us better understand your issue.
That’s what I was thinking too but I don’t know enough about the system. Feature 46 is votescan.

-B

Radioguy92

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you have a bad repeater / feed line / antenna on a working channel. If it’s effecting multiple radios it’s more than likely a system issue.