• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XLT 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradalarose

I have found no information on this or a way to be able to record audio.
I work with a small town agency that is using the XLT 1500 for base radio in dispatch center. It programmed at a trunk 800 digital band. They need to be able to record the radio traffic. We are able to get the receive traffic from the speaker output, but how can we configure or what adapters are needed to be able to record the transmit audio. This has become a problem that we need to solve asap.

jim202

I have found no information on this or a way to be able to record audio.
I work with a small town agency that is using the XLT 1500 for base radio in dispatch center. It programmed at a trunk 800 digital band. They need to be able to record the radio traffic. We are able to get the receive traffic from the speaker output, but how can we configure or what adapters are needed to be able to record the transmit audio. This has become a problem that we need to solve asap.

Do not ground either side of the speaker. You will blow the audio amp.

There should be a fixed audio output on the accessory connector that is not controlled by the volume control. I will have to dig into my files to obtain the pin number for it and the ground.

Be aware that there will be a dc bias voltage on this fixed audio output pin. I would use something like a 1 uf capacitor to remove the dc voltage in series with the audio line.

OK, some research, the dash mount radio uses pin 21 for the RX filtered audio output. Ground can be found on pin 14 on the accessory connector.

N1GTL

Database Admin
He wants mic audio from the radio as well as receive from my reading of his post.

You can't unless you use some type of break out box on the mic input connector. The only mic audio on the rear connector is for input. I'm sure someone here will know of a website or you can Google it.

Search XTL1500, not XLT1500.

jim202

He wants mic audio from the radio as well as receive from my reading of his post.

You can't unless you use some type of break out box on the mic input connector. The only mic audio on the rear connector is for input. I'm sure someone here will know of a website or you can Google it.

Search XTL1500, not XLT1500.

The best way is to use a separate radio to record the audio output from the radio system. Trying to cobble the TX audio might cause more problems than you resolve. Just about any radio that can receive the trunking system and the talkgroup you want will work. Trying to obtain multiple talkgroups will be whole different problem.

Probably not what you want to hear, but there are not many choices to do this easily. If you were using a console, then this is a piece of cake. Most consoles have a per channel or position recording line output that will contain both RX and TX audio.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The only way to obtain both paths of the audio is to set the station up with a 2 wire tone remote. Then you can pull audio from both ends.

Not too long ago there was a post about logging audio with an SDR but I don't know if it trust that for a PS environment just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmdrwill

The receive audio IS available on the Accy connector. The TX audio is also available, both line level. And one does not have to worry about someone messing with the volume control on the radio, rec audio on the accy connector is not affected by the volume control.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The receive audio IS available on the Accy connector. The TX audio is also available, both line level. And one does not have to worry about someone messing with the volume control on the radio, rec audio on the accy connector is not affected by the volume control.

All have to play with that and give it a try. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N1GTL

Database Admin

Please enlighten me to this one. I don't doubt that the RX audio is coming out the rear pins but which pin, and what configuration, is the TX MIC AUDIO also coning out the rear pin of a TRANSMITTING radio? I've had to install second radios that are dedicated to voice recorders just to get both sides of a conversation.

Jim

sfd119

J21 + ground for RX Filtered Audio at line level. Not sure about TX audio as that is something that has never mattered for me.

bradalarose

Thanks for all the info. but yes I was thinking that a second radio for recorder was what would have to be done. Just was hoping for a cheaper solution that would be professional and not rigged and would not have a fault level. 2nd radio gets turned off or channel changed..

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.