XM Radio Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyssonopie

I have a new Silverado that is giving me fits over the XM radio, it will only pick up the preview channel and the weather and traffic, it was working then it quit, started and finally quit again, XM customer no service says everything is fine on there end. The dealer says nothing is wrong with the radio. If I try to get on a station the radio says channel unauthorized or no categories enabled. When I go to the radio and select categories the only one it shows is weather and traffic. I'm lost hoping maybe some one has a answer, because XM is useless. Guess I'm just gonna cancel and be done with it.

mrweather

Is this a brand new truck? You can't really cancel since you're on a 3-month free preview anyway.

Almost sounds like the dealership screwed up in getting the radio working or they activated it well before you got the truck and the free preview just happened to be ending. Either way they're at fault.

A couple of suggestions:

Don't use categories to find channels. Use manual tuning if possible.

Alternatively, you could try "refreshing" the radio. Tune to channel 0, write down the radio ID, go to Rapid Refresh and enter the ID and click submit.

Andyssonopie

Thanks for your reply yes it is a new truck, I renewed before it ran out and they didnt charge me a fee. I have refreshed the signal many times with no luck. It was working fine until I renewed. I have no luck tuning any way I try. I still only pick up the same 2 stations. Thanks

mrweather

If they didn't charge you a fee it almost sounds as if it really wasn't renewed. The cheapest I've seen an XM subscription is $77 for one year.

Have you ever received an invoice from XM? Have you ever had a subscription fee charged to your credit card or withdrawn from your bank account?

My last two vehicles (both GM) had factory XM and both times when I called to continue the service I was charged the subscription fee (but not the activation fee since it was already activated). I don't understand why you weren't charged if you renewed it before the 3-month preview ran out.

Andyssonopie

Yes I have paid the normal 3 months on my plan did not have to pay a activation fee because I supposedly renewed it before the trial period ran out. I have been on the phone with there no service reps down in the sunny Isle's of who knows were for up to a hour or longer with no luck. I know I just need to cancel but I also know I won't get a credit from them. If you Google XM complaints they sure rank up there!

shaft

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the ability to do a factory reset on the radio? If so, try that, if not, Google seems to have some hits on the issue you are describing.

Andyssonopie

Have not done a factory reset on radio, to be truthful don't know how! Did find a GM forum were a person was having the same problem I was hope he sees were I asked if he got his corrected. Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.