• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XP-100G Scan List

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I think I have firmware V12. Radio Info has for SOFTWARE: 12082-8900 XGPRO2A26.

If I press <MENU> <SCAN> <SCAN LISTS> my radio acts like it was turned off and back on, it reboots. Has anyone else experienced this? Did I do something wrong setting up the Mission Plan? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Your firmware is R02A26 and you should be using RPM 10B to program. If you programmed with a different version of RPM, you may have enabled a feature that isn't recognized with 2A26, hence the reboot. There are a few places in RPM that you have to set up for scan lists and if you missed one, it will hiccup and reboot as well. Make sure that you have every channel in your scan list set to scan under the group sets/ conventional sets. Make sure that you have the Scan Options set to your preferences. And make sure that you have Custom Scan Options set correctly. Things can also get wonky if you are not using Zones, but are pointing to Systems instead or the other way around.

TDR-94

Custom Scan isn't officially supported with R02A26 and, if selected, is buggy as hell and will usually end up with the radio crashing.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I truly appreciate your answers and you were right on the money. I was programming the radio with an version of RPM what was newer than 10B. I have since upgraded the firmware and all is good. I knew that SOMEONE had seen this problem before. You can always rely on RadioReference.

bcfd346

Premium Subscriber
Where did you get the firmware upgrade? I have two xg-100p and I am using RPM R13. What firmware do I need for that version?

petty4305

Premium Subscriber
I would like to know the same about the firmware. My radio has R02A26 as well and my scan list function does just like gdsteele's did.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
There is no reason to be running ancient firmware unless you are trying to NAS with RPM 10B.

I think current firmware is XLP R06J07? Contact your Harris dealer for firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.