• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR XPR-7550 CPS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Trying to change my radio ID from the original 5 digit to my 7 digit DMR ID. When I write to radio it reboots and says “unprogrammed”. How to make it work? Before the change I had a code plug with the dmr repeaters and monitoring no problem. Trying to tx it won’t connect? I have ip site selected. I tried the last five digits of my dmr ID and it worked with a local contact. But another listener reported he only heard half of the conversation (the local contact). Also I had my MD-380 fired up and when I PTT there is nothing on the MD-380? What did I miss? Ver 16 build 823.

K9RPL

I use an XPR7550 and my 7 digit Radio ID programs in just fine. CPS16 Build 828 here. What version firmware is in the radio? It should be no later than 2.09.

It may be related to setting IP Site Connnect. Like I said, Amateur DMR systems don't need it.

K9RPL

I do have 25Khz step option is it possible that keeps the radio in uhf business mode?

Nope. I have it as well. It only applies to Analog channels. Are you sure you're adding a Digital channel?

BTW: Where are you entering the Radio ID? It should be in the General Settings page.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
That’s correct. General Settings. Like I said RX is fine TX no joy? It’s a Hytera local dmr repeater NX7R. I asked him and no help? Something a miss with my codeplug.

K9RPL

Yeah, Something sounds off in the codeplug. I'd try making a copy of an older, known good codeplug and modify that one. Just change Radio-ID and nothing else and see if the radio takes it.

How are you entering the Radio-ID? Don't try and add in any leading zeros, for example.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Are these Amateur DMR repeaters? If so they don't need any programming for IP-Site.

False, at least with the system by me. It requires IP Site Connect checked to hear any traffic. Are you changing your ID under General Settings?

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
It’s because I listen to a DMR conventional networked repeater system. In order for traffic to pass, IPSC must be enabled. This is a HAM Network.[/QUOTE]

K9RPL

It could be the specific system I monitor, But I was told that without IPSC checked, no traffic will pass. I tried it, and indeed no traffic passed without it.

Probably specific to that system. I'm outside Chicago and don't know of any Amateur DMR repeater here that requires it in the subscriber unit.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
False, at least with the system by me. It requires IP Site Connect checked to hear any traffic. Are you changing your ID under General Settings?
Yes that is the only place I see where that can be changed General Settings. But any number with more than 5 digits will not work?

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Yes that is the only place I see where that can be changed General Settings. But any number with more than 5 digits will not work?

You can send me your codeplug if you want, shoot me a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.