• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR-7550 no Audio after write from CPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vittles04

Premium Member
Hello,
I thought I would throw this out there and 1) see if anybody has had this same issue.

TECHNICAL INFO:
Firmware R02.30.01
CPS Version 10.0

I am making updates to my (2) 7550's for a trip to Florida and want to make sure both my wife and I have everything in and it is all uniform. I wrote to (1) of the units perfect no issue. Then I was writing to my unit and it powers up shows my person image and doesn't sound the test tone which I have selected in the CPS, I found that to be odd. How I noticed was I was on a local; med channel and saw audio was being received but not playing and my MDC was being decoded. I then looked at the unit's screen and see a bell with a red X on it was like ok. I go into the menu on the unit and selected the power up tone on and all tones on and it was receiving my local med channels again. I powered the unit off and turned and it was back to the same initial not receiving state.

I went into the CPS and looked under General Settings and clicked the audio tab and to confirm I wasn't going crazy the boxes "disable all tones was un-checked" and "Escalert Alert was un-checked" the boxes that were checked "Channel Free Indication tone" and "self pass tone". I confirmed I wasn't nuts so I wrote to the radio again. I was still having issue so I wen't back into the units menu and did the box checking again.

I did cloan my wife's unit to my unit and we have identical channels/zones/functions etc. The only thing that is different is the ID #'s. I thought if this was happening I would heard from a friend as he maintained a TRBO site in Wisconsin and he is pretty on the up and up.

Has anybody else seen this yet ????

com501

Pull a default codeplug from the CPS directory and clone it to your radio if you can. Don't use one you have created. See if the issue goes away. I am assuming you have READ your radio then reprogrammed immediately WITHOUT looking at the codeplug? Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.