• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR3550e

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
New Xpr3550e in charger. Every 30 min or so, the radio emits a subtle 3 tone "error" type sound that I haven't heard before. Anyone know what it is?

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
I think it might be the Home Channel reminder - but does anyone know how to disable? It gives me an option of being reminded every minute to 30 min. I don't want to be reminded at all!

K2NEC

New Xpr3550e
First of all, there's no such thing. It's a 3500e

Secondly, the radio should not be ON and in the charger. That's an easy way to destroy the battery and possibly start a fire.
It's probably the radio telling you that it's an "unknown battery" error. This happens when the battery is being charged/reconditioned since the radio no longer identifies the impres chip. Either power the radio off when charging or buy a spare battery and swap them as needed.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
It's the Home Channel reminder. I figured it out.

I meant 3500e. I apologize for the typo, but I appreciate your attitude... There was no need for the "first of all".

Thank you for the reply.

K2NEC

No sass intended, just an itemization.

But seriously, I highly recommend that you don't keep the radio on in the charger if that's what you are doing. Really bad for the battery.

Glad you figured it out