• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xpr5550e Handheld remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have experience with the handheld remote control for XPR5550e? I recently purchased a new radio with this option, for the first time, and have noticed the tx audio received by other radios is not very good. It comes in low and very muffled, like the user is in a metal barrel. I have programmed many radios before using cps and am fairly proficient with it. I have tried disabling noise suppressor and toggled off MIC-AGC. I have also manipulated mic gain manually, to no avail. This problem with tx audio is apparent on both analog and digital channels. I was hoping someone here could help verify if this is a normal condition of the product, something that may be out of whack with programming, or maybe a faulty unit. The Rx audio is great and on-par with any other Motorola XPR I have. This just doesn't seem to be what one would expect from Motorola and I've been using them for over 25 years. Thanks for sharing any experience with this product.

K2NEC

Is there a chance you could post a screenshot of your TX audio settings?

Is there a chance you could post a screenshot of your TX audio settings?
Thanks for the reply. Not sure if I can do a screen shot but, Analog mic AGC enabled, Digital mic AGC enabled, Analog Mic gain -7, Digital Mic Gain +4. Vox sensitivity level 2 (not using any VOX accessory), Hot Mic Front accessory.

K2NEC

Hmm.
What model mic are you using? I know my CDM desk mic sounds very similar to that in the sense that it sounds muffled and low audio, even when I'm right on top of it.

N4KVE

The lousy TX audio on a 5550 with the HHCH is normal. 2 guys locally use that combo, & the day they switched to the HHCH, their TX audio went into the toilet. It’s sad this happens, but it happens.

The lousy TX audio on a 5550 with the HHCH is normal. 2 guys locally use that combo, & the day they switched to the HHCH, their TX audio went into the toilet. It’s sad this happens, but it happens.

Well, I hate to hear that. It’s a great concept and the RX audio is really good. Just seems unlike Motorola to me. I could expect this from some other manufacturers, but I’ve always been pleased with Motorola. Thanks for your reply.

N4KVE

Well, I hate to hear that. It’s a great concept and the RX audio is really good. Just seems unlike Motorola to me. I could expect this from some other manufacturers, but I’ve always been pleased with Motorola. Thanks for your reply.
My friend also has a XTL, & APX in his vehicle, & they are both hooked up to HHCH’s, & they sound great. Granted, they are totally different from the XPR HHCH, but the point is they can make a great sounding HHCH if they wanted to.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Our EMS service has a few and they sound great, If I could afford the HHCH I would upgrade mine

My friend also has a XTL, & APX in his vehicle, & they are both hooked up to HHCH’s, & they sound great. Granted, they are totally different from the XPR HHCH, but the point is they can make a great sounding HHCH if they wanted to.
Amen to that. The bad part is, the Rx audio is as good as you could expect. I wouldn’t have noticed had someone not told me, but it’s bad.

I have one and it sounds great. It is all in the programming. It takes some tweaking.
I have adjusted mic gains with AGC disabled. Also disabled noise suppressor, but still sounds muffled and the tone is not anything near any other xprs. Could you suggest where I should look elsewhere? Aren’t mic gains where I should be concentrating or is there another parameter that controls this? Thanks for any advice.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I have adjusted mic gains with AGC disabled. Also disabled noise suppressor, but still sounds muffled and the tone is not anything near any other xprs. Could you suggest where I should look elsewhere? Aren’t mic gains where I should be concentrating or is there another parameter that controls this? Thanks for any advice.
I would suggest reading this PDF & Thread and see if it can help How to fix MOTOTRBO subscriber audio

N4KVE

Both my friends read the article, & have recent FW. Simply, when they use the regular mike, & control head they both have excellent TX audio. When they switch to the HHCH, they don’t. Now it’s not horrible, but it’s definitely not crystal clear. And that HHCH costs as much as a 5550.

Status
Not open for further replies.