• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR6380 will not transmit

Status
Not open for further replies.

trafficcop608

Hello, I recently picked up a XPR6380 and programmed it for the 33cm ham band. The radio took the frequency with the hex modification but will not transmit. When I key up I receive a bonk as if it is looking for a trunk system. The personalities are programmed as conventional frequencies. Is there a tx inhibit somewhere in the software that I am not seeing?

JCunningham17

in cps you should have a samples file. that will give you a stock file you can compare too. i have version 16 cps and the stock file under general settings them microphone doesnt show anything that would turn off your portables mic unless you have a accessory hooked up.

trafficcop608

When the ptt is pressed the radio gives a bonk tone, just like it was able to connect to a trunk system. The personalities for these channels are conventional. When I plug up an external mic I get the same result.

wd9cms

Your radio sounds like it's a analog trunking radio and not DMR enabled. The analog trunked radio will program into the ham band but will not transmit for some reason. If you can upgrade its flash to DMR and remove the analog trunking it will work and transmit. I have the same problem with my radio it receives but will not transmit.

N4KVE

It has been my experience the analog trunking radio will not program to 902/927. But one thing I have learned is to “never say never” with these things. Well except the 900 APX will not transmit on 900 ham freq’s. But I have 7 6580’s, & mine would not program at all in the ham band until they were converted over.

trafficcop608

I checked the radio and it does transmit just fine within the range of the radio. I believe my issue is that I need to upgrade the radio to mototrbo, so how do I do that?

trafficcop608

I do not have that option. I was doing some reading and it appears this radio right now is an analog type 1 or 2 radio. This current setting blocks the radio from being programmed into the ham band on 900 even with the hex modification which will take the frequency but when the ptt is pressed the radio bonks.

the forums online say that the radio needs to be upgraded to a mototrbo capable radio that will also unlock the frequencies into the 902/927mhz band. One of the forums said he found a file online and upgraded the radio which then allowed the out of limit frequencies to work.

where can I find this file? And is it out into the radio by the update options within CPS 16?

thank you.

N4KVE

I’m doing it with 13.5. I’m told there’s something special with that version of CPS. When mine was done last week, the guy used his laptop which was 16 to remove the trunking. He then upgraded the FW to the latest. But for some reason he had to use my laptop with the 13.5 to activate digital. That’s all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.