• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR6550 CPS: "Region Not Supported"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I just acquired a brand-new XPR6550 UHF (LAH55JDH9LA1AN) with firmware R01.11.21. When I tried to read it with the CPS, it gave me an error stating, "REGION NOT SUPPORTED". What does this mean, and what can I do to fix it? The CPS programs both my XPR5550 and another XPR6550 that I have, so I don't think there is a problem with the CPS.

n5ims

The "REGION NOT SUPPORTED" error indicates that the CPS and the radio are for different regions of the world (e.g. North America for one and Asia for the other). Since it apparently works with your other radios, your new one probably is an import from some other country. Unless this was indicated when you purchased it (either directly or if the seller wasn't from the US), you probably have good cause to complain and have them refund your costs or replace the radio with a legit North America region radio.

Now it could be possible that the new radio is US and your others are not, but match your CPS version as well, something to verify before you accuse the seller of trying to pull something over on you.

I found this region code list on the internet and may help you sort things out.
Region Codes

LA = Latin America
FD = Federal
MD = EMEA MDC (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
AA = North America
AZ = Asia
JP = Japan

There may be some hacks that you can find out there that will allow you to change the region your CPS will work for, but there's no guarantee that they'll do what you want and could even damage the software so it will brick your radio so if you select to go there, you're on your own. It may also force you to remember which CPS version is needed for which specific radio so fixing the issue directly is probably your best route.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You have a radio intended for the Latin America market (hence the LA prefix on the model number), which cannot be programmed with the North America market CPS.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
You have a radio intended for the Latin America market (hence the LA prefix on the model number), which cannot be programmed with the North America market CPS.

I thought that model number looked weird. I guess I'm stuck with a useless radio. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Also you will need to install the LA CPS on a different computer. Unless someone has figured a way to coexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.