• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR7550 Codeplug Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Thankfully, now that I got the radio working and in a programmable state, I no longer have to worry about that.

I did have an issue with one of the Impres batteries. When I went to charge it with my Impres charger, the LED on the charger went to yellow, indicating that there was some sort of issue with the battery. The battery was working fine, and I only dropped it in after the radio gave me a low battery message. Is there any particular reason why a perfectly good battery might be doing this? Just so you know, the same charger charges the other two Impres batteries fine, so I don't think the charger is the issue.

When the LED is yellow, the Impress charger is DISCHARGING the battery. After the discharge is complete, the LED will turn red. To bypass the discharge cycle, put the battery in the charger. If it turns yellow, remove the battery for three seconds then put it back in. The LED should change to RED, indicating it is charging. When it is at 90% charge, it will flash green. Solid green means it is done.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
When the LED is yellow, the Impress charger is DISCHARGING the battery. After the discharge is complete, the LED will turn red. To bypass the discharge cycle, put the battery in the charger. If it turns yellow, remove the battery for three seconds then put it back in. The LED should change to RED, indicating it is charging. When it is at 90% charge, it will flash green. Solid green means it is done.

Oh, ok. When I look at the label on the bottom of the charger, it says yellow means "see manual".

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
You should let it recondition whenever the charger tells you to (indicated by the yellow) to maximize the battery's useful life.

N4KVE

You should let it recondition whenever the charger tells you to (indicated by the yellow) to maximize the battery's useful life.
Generally, yes. But sometimes a full recondition/recharge can take 7+ hours, which is fine if you have several batteries. But if you only have 1 battery, you could need the radio before the charger completes the discharge/charge cycle. Also keep in mind should you pull the battery out, & insert it quickly to bypass the reconditioning stage, the battery will register a NON IMPRES charge, which may affect the battery warranty.

hitechRadio

Bypassing the reconditioning feature with Lion batteries has little to do with longevity of the battery. Different case with the NiMh, especially NiCad (are NiCad even sold anymore lol ).

Once a month (roughly) reconditioning establishes a new capacity that you can read with the radio by adding the BATT menu function.

Because the radio knows what the capacity of the battery is during the batteries life span. The Fuel gauge/battery meter on the display can more accurately reflect current status of the battery. Also it may or maybe not, figure in the capacity of the battery when the low battery beep begins.

If a person continually bypasses the (yellow) reconditioning, I would actually call it RECALIBRATION mode when using LiOn batts. The battery meter on the radio may not display, and is the case with XTS and APX radio's.

If the battery is needed in a hurry you can bypass the reconditioning mode and it will NOT effect warranty of the battery.
We bypass batteries all the time for batteries in an emergency box. The reconditioning mode in this situation can be a real pain, when the battery wants to recondition at the worst time.

Motorola did add a switch to the new IMPRES 2 chargers so you can disable reconditioning. But it is not recommended to be switched off on a normal day to day basis. As mentioned earlier you will loose the battery meter and capacity will be incorrect at least with XTS and APX don't mess with TRBO radio's un sure about them.

Last edited:

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of reconditioning, what can I do to 'fix' a battery that apparently will not reset the Impress system even after a full reconditioning cycle?

My XPR7550's battery continues to charge fully, but when checked in the radio's menu continues to display the red "Recondition Battery" message.

I know for certain it is not the Impress charger because it works just as expected when charging a brand new battery. I've also tried reconditioning
the stubborn battery with another Impress charger.

For my latest attempt I actually allowed the battery to become fully discharged by leaving the 7550 on until it shut itself down due to an exhausted battery.
After going through a fully recondition/recharge cycle, the battery still provides ~12 hours of operation,
yet still displays the same error message "Recondition Battery"... :confused:

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I just installed the new LCD screen, and that appears to have fixed the issue with the alternating lines.

As for the battery issue, I did have one Impres battery that was fully drained and read zero volts on my voltmeter and when I inserted it into the charger, the yellow LED came on.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
New Problem

It seems that for some reason the radio isn't showing zones. Instead, it's treating all the channels as if they are in one zone. It recognizes the scan lists that each channel is entered into, but won't see the zones.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
You need to turn off the keypad in CPS then it will show it as zones.with keypad on it acts as a channel quick entry

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Or change it to "Channels in home zone", still have your zones working correctly and be able to jump to any particular channel in that zone by pressing the channel number from the keypad.

Batman_

I bought one locked.
Is there a penalty for guessing the password too many times?

Batman_

I read someplace that if I took a locked radio to a dealer/service tech, they can for $50 buy me an unlock code from Motorola.

Is that code good more than once?

If this is true, is anyone willing to buy me the code for my radio on my behalf?

Last edited:

zacabo

Open CPS and select DEVICE and then RECOVER. You'll need to have at least the same or newer version of firmware installed on the computer. Follow the prompts and it will wipe the radio clean as if it were new. Simple.

This should work for you. I have had to do this before as well.

Hectomilan

Premium Subscriber
Gotcha. That fixed it.
Hey buddy I am going threw the same problem bought a radio on eBay and the code plug is also password protected the CP version is 14.00.13 and the firmware is 2.09.00.001 on the radio. my CPS software is 16.0 is it possible for you to email me a blank Codeplug Hectomilan@gmial.com thanks I’m new to all this I am slowly learning I love it so far !

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Please reread the entire thread. You will need the current or newer firmware file in order to recover the radio. A codeplug will not help you. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.