• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xpr7550e and dmr3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryHydro

Premium Subscriber
Hi: I can't seem to get digital to transmit using a frequency offset for this repeater. HT just honks. Works fine in simplex and analog through the repeater. Both can handle 4FSK according to the manuals. Only using 2 HTs and the one DMR3000. Not much to the repeater setup wise.
Thanks!
Harry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N1GTL

Database Admin
If your using a DMR repeater, you need to make sure the talk group ID is set. In the tree view, under CONTACTS, under DIGITAL, make sure you have the proper talk group set.

Then, where you program the frequency, on the right side under TX, a few windows down you need to put the talk group you created under CONTACT NAME.

With a DMR repeater, you have to be in range of the repeater. Unlike analog, your subscriber is switching on and off rapidly and if it doesn't hear the repeater coming back, you will get the BONK. Simplex doesn't matter, it will just transmit.

HarryHydro

Premium Subscriber
Ty Sir: is this Talk Group ID a name I can change?
Something else, in analog repeater mode, there's a 3 second hang on the repeater TX. The HT doesn't want to key when it sees this signal. Says channel is busy. Would this fix that?
Thanks Much!

N1GTL

Database Admin
Ty Sir: is this Talk Group ID a name I can change?
Something else, in analog repeater mode, there's a 3 second hang on the repeater TX. The HT doesn't want to key when it sees this signal. Says channel is busy. Would this fix that?
Thanks Much!

As was mentioned, you need to set the ADMIT CRITERIA to COLOR CODE FREE and set the INCALL CALL CRITERIA to FOLLOW ADMIT CRITERIA. This is for digital/dmr use.

If your programming an analog repeater, set the admit to ALWAYS otherwise you will not be able to key up until the repeater drops.

If you are part of one of the linked DMR networks, the talk group id needs to follow their numbering. If this is your personal local repeater, nothing really stops you from using any talk group ID but other radios need to have the same ID. I'm not 100% on this but I believe stand alone DMR repeaters used talk group ID 9.

HarryHydro

Premium Subscriber
Hi and Thanks Folks: I see no settings in the handheld or repeater for Admit. BTW, my bad, the repeater is a MTR3000 model t3000a. It's not hooked to any Ethernet.
In its setup, which is stripped compared to the handheld and mobile, it has a Radio Name, Radio ID, CAI Network, CAI Group Network, Under Talkgroups, I have a greyed out box I can't check called All Wide Area Talkgroups, under Channels I have a Zone Name. Under the channel, only frequency, squelch type, and power can be changed.

N1GTL

Database Admin
The admit setting is in the portable.

Open one of the channels where you put the frequency. Near the bottom is the admit setting.

Also, make sure your cps is set for expert view so you see all options. I believe it is under edit>preferences but I am not at a computer with cps at the moment.

N1GTL

Database Admin
The wide area talk group box in the repeater is for linked capacity plus. You don't need to worry about that.

HarryHydro

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Folks: For the repeater, I had to make sure my digital channel is first in the channel list. Apparently this radio doesn't 'see' the difference between analog and digital, even though the frequencies are the same. Still can't find Talk Groups, but color-code and time slot are set and working.

SCPD

QRT
dont forget

You need to register with the DMARC if you intend to use this for Ham radio purposes and the unit number you receive from them needs tto be put into the radio as Radio ID..Have you done so?The Beeeep you receive may mean you are not permitted to transmit on the system.........Are you sure your radio is "in the system" as "authorized"?Maybe you do have it all setup right except for that.
Can you hear the system?Usually theres a flashing happy green light on the radio when its in range.

HarryHydro

Premium Subscriber
Radios work good now. Color code and time slot set. Repeater is simple, nothing fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.