• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR7550e MDC1200 DOS mute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
I’ve been doing some experimenting with the DOS coast time/auto mute, and noticed on the XPR line that really no matter what combinations you use, sometimes the radio will mute with a rather odd chirp (not the regular DOS chirp) or just not mute at all and the full data packet will be heard. (I am aware that for MDC1200 signaling to work properly, it has to mesh with the system settings)

Long story short: Has anyone found a good DOS coast time/Auto mute for the XPR line if you do NOT know the system settings?

4-crime

I use a coast duration of 100ms and the auto mute duration is set to 150ms. This seems to work well for me. Sometimes the DOS muting does not always mute and the full MDC burst is heard, but for the most part it works perfectly fine this way. I also have the criteria type set to 1200Hz and 1800Hz.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
I use a coast duration of 100ms and the auto mute duration is set to 150ms. This seems to work well for me. Sometimes the DOS muting does not always mute and the full MDC burst is heard, but for the most part it works perfectly fine this way. I also have the criteria type set to 1200Hz and 1800Hz.

I’ll give it a go. It’s definitely interesting how it sometimes mutes, and sometimes the full packet comes through like you said. I appreciate it.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
dos time of 268ms wasnt that standard or 270 in others I havent experimented in the xpr but works great on the xts

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I'm using the following and it mutes every time.

Criteria Type: 1200 or 1800
Coast Duration: 275
Auto Mute Duration: 500
Fixed Retry Wait Time: 0.0

This for the 7550 and the 5550.

4-crime

I'm using the following and it mutes every time.

Criteria Type: 1200 or 1800
Coast Duration: 275
Auto Mute Duration: 500
Fixed Retry Wait Time: 0.0

This for the 7550 and the 5550.
The one thing with having the auto mute duration set that high is that the radio takes longer to unmute on receive audio and you can miss the beginning of receive transmissions. Even at 200 on the XPR line I’ve noticed the beginning of transmissions cut off, but it seems to vary radio by radio. Strange, but it is something to pay attention to when making these tweaks/changes. It is also only affected if you have the radio set to decode under the channel personality tab and have your MDC system selected for RX.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
That's true, but my repeater is going through a link via ROIP, so there is quite a bit of a delay. Yes, the radio is set to decode as we use aliases for MDC ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.