• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR7550e receiving interruption with Hytera repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

bx2aek

Dear Motorola xpr7550 users: I recently had a 7550e for DMR communication and for some reason it works well with the MMDVM and Openspot either with wifi or cable modem. However, when it receives from my Hytera RD980 repeater, the QSO often being interrupted intermittently sometimes even most of the QSOare gone. I have experimented with my other Anytone radios that there is no issue with my ADSL network connected with the repeater.

Would like to seek input from ther group as how to troubleshoot this issue. The 7550e seems not working consistently with the Hytera repeater but much stabler with the hotspot devices.

BTW the Hytera model is RD980(EMEA version I believe with Russian language marks), the 7550e was bought in the US. Not sure if there is compatibility challenge..

Thanks and 73s.

Kim
BX2AEK
Taipei Taiwan

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
My money is either the Hytera or the Motorola are on the edge of specs. Do you have another radio to test the repeater with? TT

bx2aek

My money is either the Hytera or the Motorola are on the edge of specs. Do you have another radio to test the repeater with? TT
Thanks for input. I did try my Anytone 878 parallel with Moto 7550e, it sounds like Moto has mre chance to experience the broken signal while Anytone had much less incidents. I heard Anytone has more buffering to decode the delayed signal but Moto requires accurate timing. I am not sure what can be done to troubleshoot this...

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the Moto or Hytera needs service (alignment). I would seek a competent dealer for each of those to ask for the radio to be aligned. My bet would be a Moto dealer would be easier to find. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.