XTAL Labs - LEDACS Linux Based EDACS Tracking Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
I didn't know where else to ask, but does anybody have any information about XTAL Labs, or possibly about any EDACS trunk tracking software source code. I MAY or MAY NOT be modying some code I found on github at https://github.com/sp5wwp/ledacs in order to track EDACS ESK systems ;);), but I really just want to make sure I've got my i's dotted, and my t's crossed that this is really open software with a license that would allow me to modify it and redistribute it and that its not somebody else's stolen code. I've asked sp5wwp in an 'issue' I've raised on the github page, but its been a month and I haven't heard back. In the preamble on the main code, it has the following:

/*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* EDACS96 rtl_fm decoder
* rtl_fm sample rate 28.8kHz (3*9600baud - 3 samples per symbol)
* XTAL Labs
* 3 V 2016
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

I have google searched this a myriad of ways, but haven't come up with anything on XTAL labs.

There is also an EDACS_en.txt file in there that mentions some Windows software and has a Juno email addres. I am going to email them as well, but I though I would ask here first at the very least, to see if anybody has any ideas. I have a hunch that this might be some OLDER software originally from what I read in that text file, but the preamble has a 2016 date. Also, the github I found this on has one commit, the initial upload on Oct 21, 2018, and no activity since then.

SP5WWP

I have dumped that project a long time ago and didn't even expect to receive any feedback :)

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Oh, wow. I really wasn't even expecting any reply on this. So, you're the XTAL Labs guy then? So, is it okay to use your source code from ledacs?

SP5WWP

Yeah, it's an old and long story. You can do whatever you want with the code. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.