• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xtl 1500/2500 soft. Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSFD390

OK! After moving on from XTS 2500s......Ive now been tasked with moving to XTL 1500/2500. Mainly 1500/2500s...... after powering up, and having proper driver, etc..... the cps is installed, I hit read, and it acts as if it loads, and at the last second, freezes my computer up. It did this on two, (2), different computers, and the third time, it pops an error up that says, "CPS Not reconized, please contact motorola soultions for more, and or present license//software permit." It also dims the screen and pops up WRONG CH. Im using R.12 as that was what was given to me, and I belive it is the most current?

I was told by a friend of a friend, that it is not, NON-North American Software....just possibly a CPS Error.

Im simply asking for help, not looking for bashing from anyone, becuase this particluar software was left, and made its way down the line.

If anyone wants to go direct, PM or email me, for more info,

Thanks All!!

jim202

OK! After moving on from XTS 2500s......Ive now been tasked with moving to XTL 1500/2500. Mainly 1500/2500s...... after powering up, and having proper driver, etc..... the cps is installed, I hit read, and it acts as if it loads, and at the last second, freezes my computer up. It did this on two, (2), different computers, and the third time, it pops an error up that says, "CPS Not reconized, please contact motorola soultions for more, and or present license//software permit." It also dims the screen and pops up WRONG CH. Im using R.12 as that was what was given to me, and I belive it is the most current?

I was told by a friend of a friend, that it is not, NON-North American Software....just possibly a CPS Error.

Im simply asking for help, not looking for bashing from anyone, becuase this particluar software was left, and made its way down the line.

If anyone wants to go direct, PM or email me, for more info,

Thanks All!!

Your version of the software is really old. You need to get more current.

The other question in everybody's mind would be what version were the radios last programmed with?

CSFD390

It, to my knowledge was last programmed with this particular series of cps, and I had a slight feeling that it was possible to old. Is there anyway to update, without having to do a repurchase? Sense I already have the cps?

SCPD

QRT
It, to my knowledge was last programmed with this particular series of cps, and I had a slight feeling that it was possible to old. Is there anyway to update, without having to do a repurchase? Sense I already have the cps?

Nope, you would need to purchase a software subscription with Motorola. Then you would be able to download the latest version and any new versions that come out. Just having the cps does not count.

SCPD

QRT
Yeah it sucks cause it's so expensive, but were talking Motorola here. I costs me around $1000 every couple of years to renew my subs for the various CPS's I have purchased from them. Also it's a real treat sometimes to even get an account to buy the software. You gotta pay to play as they say...

CSFD390

WOW! Its going to be hard to push this to the chief, lol. A member has always done, & purchased everything for us and done it himself. ....so a subscription hasn't been discussed, & especially sense we just need it for 1 radio type!! He made a big deal over ordering cables......

SCPD

QRT
Maybe try a local radio shop if there is no trunking involved, that could be another option.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
R12 is circa 2009, current Astro 25 CPS is R20.01.

I strongly encourage you to get your agency to buy the CPS subscription. You get updates for free, and support from Ma M you don't get from the downloaded copies.

The current version is also compatible with newer operating systems such as Windows 7/8, which you ancient R12 is not.

CSFD390

Ok, I am going to try to get him to purchase a subscription to MOTO, But his argument Is, we only need the software for these radios....so I am going to try get him to get it.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
If you only have a few radios your better off taking it to a shop that programs motorola radios. Unless you plan to reprogram radios daily or even monthly it doesn't make sense. We have 35 XTS portable and 15 XTL mobiles and we decided being they dont get changed not to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.