• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL 2500 Remote Head Audio Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rknight8700

I have a remote head unit. 131 foot remote cable is hooked up in blue posistion. Only 1 remote head in use. Now when there is traffic on a channel I see the yellow indicator light light up. I hear no audio though. Speaker is plugged into remote head red jack. There is audio also when I power up or power down. Any help ?

Thanks in advance

Ron KB1UXT

jim202

I have a remote head unit. 131 foot remote cable is hooked up in blue posistion. Only 1 remote head in use. Now when there is traffic on a channel I see the yellow indicator light light up. I hear no audio though. Speaker is plugged into remote head red jack. There is audio also when I power up or power down. Any help ?

Thanks in advance

Ron KB1UXT

What happens if you use the normal 18 foot control head cable? Do you hear the audio normal then? If not then you have blown the audio output. You can't ground either side of the speaker wires.

What do you mean there is audio when you power up or down?

Need to provide a few more details here for any real pointers to be given. Right now just making a guess and that isn't much with the few details given. Are you sure the radio has the correct tone squelch programmed in?

There is a finite length of cable that the remote control head can be away from the radio. Basically your using a USB bus and or the SB9600 bus to make the connection between the radio and the control head. There is a limit on just how far you can stretch the databus.

Jim

Last edited:

rknight8700

Using the standard Motorola 131 ft cable, There is no audio on start up or shut down also. (sorry about misprint) Pl Tone is correct. I will try the shorter cable to see what happens. Speaker wires are not grounded

Status
Not open for further replies.