XTL 2500 to aux/usb?

bgehr

The end goal here is to get the audio from an XTL 2500 unit to an aux out or usb out if more doable. This audio out is intended to plug into a soundcard which is plugged into my computer. Would this be accomplished with the with PINS 20 & 26, maybe to something like this? Is this even possible at all?

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Here you Go. The 3.5mm 1/8 inch plug goes into your sound card MIC, REC, or Audio IN depending on your sound card. This will NOT work with a combined MIC/AUDIO IN. It must be isolated.

If you really want the USB IN, then get this and run the 3.5mm plug into it.

bgehr

Looking at pin 21 RX FILT AUDIO. Hadn't even noticed that before. Do you think I could get similar results with a wire from 21 and ground to 3.5mm adapter? The suggestion above may be a bit cost prohibitive for me.

Okeedook

Oh fantastic! Any audio transformers you could recommend?
Just curious if anyone has replied regarding the requirement or recommended matching transformer. We are looking to accomodate for a similar configuration.

prcguy

Okeedook

Many thanks for this info.
I'm assuming that if we were patching this into the dispatcher's station radio.
We would only get the Receive audio (i.e., from the police cars) and not the transmit audio portion from the dispatcher's microphone?

a417

Many thanks for this info.
I'm assuming that if we were patching this into the dispatcher's station radio.
We would only get the Receive audio (i.e., from the police cars) and not the transmit audio portion from the dispatcher's microphone?
You mean as if you were getting the RX audio from the dispatcher's console radio? Yes, you would likely not hear what was transmitted unless you took specific steps and hardware implementations to address that.