• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xtl2500 base unit shutting down by it self??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a xtl2500 in 800 MHz it's a base unit that we put into a squad car,ground is to battery,main 10 gauge red is to battery,the smaller 12 gauge is to ignition source,radio turns on with ignition and randomly it just shuts off and you have to manually power it back up,it also seems like the aluminum body of the radio is getting hot could it be shutting down because it's getting hot? If it sits off for 2.5 hours its still warm. Thanks

IMPRES2

I can't stress how important it is to check your connectors; ALL THE WAY AROUND!

It's probably not from heat. I have an XTL2500 that I could honestly fry an egg on. It sits on the dash of a work truck and literally just get's hit with rays from the sun every day. I have gotten into the truck before and the radio powered on just fine (and it was the hottest thing in the vehicle, you couldn't touch it). The only thing wrong was the screen being a bit flaky

I got it figured out it was the face of the radio the two torques screws were lose radio has been nice and cool and hasn't turned off in 3 days.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Check the ground.

Check the antenna. Hook the radio up to a dummy load and see if it randomly shuts down on the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.