• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL2500 Remote head to Dash Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfdradio

Premium Subscriber
I know this is probably the opposite of most. What is involved in putting my remote 05 head back onto the actual radio.

K2NEC

Unscrew the TIB and CHIB from the radio and head respectively, unclip the connectors from the TIB and CHIB, and reverse the process to put it back into the dash mount.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure you're going to find out that there's a head bridge in a dash configuration which is not present in the remote configuration. Also the P/N for the flex is different between the two as well.

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 1.18.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-21 at 1.16.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-21 at 1.21.29 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 1.19.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 1.19.58 PM.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 45

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
you need part 18 and 19 on dash exploded view. about 45-50 for both.

K2NEC

I just kinda assumed OP had the parts. I guess I figured he took it apart and he wanted to put it back together

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I just kinda assumed OP had the parts. I guess I figured he took it apart and he wanted to put it back together
if it was ordered as a remote mount , you would not have the missing parts.

K2NEC

if it was ordered as a remote mount , you would not have the missing parts.
Right. I assumed he bought it as a dash, converted to remote, and didn't know how to convert back.
You know what they say about assumptions

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Right. I assumed he bought it as a dash, converted to remote, and didn't know how to convert back.
You know what they say about assumptions

Yep, and now thanks to your assumption and incomplete information, dude is probably sitting there with some allen drivers scratching his head trying to make it all fit together. He hasn't returned to the thread since 1301 yesterday. Maybe he'll try to hollow out the CHIB with a Dremel and use that for a head bridge...

Status
Not open for further replies.