• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL2500 VHF Codeplug Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemedic19

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a XTL2500 that was brand new in box. I'm currently waiting on it to arrive and I'd like to get a head start on the programming and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send me a codeplug for it so I can get started. I would really appreciate it.

Model XTL2500 VHF
Model Number - M21KSM9PW1AN
Flashport Code - 0000010020005

Thank you all very much for your time,
Ryan

Last edited:

K2NEC

Unless the codeplug is the exact model number and exact flashcode, you wont be able to clone the codeplug into your radio. It's worth to see if anyone here has it but I'd say you should just wait for your radio.

If you want the codeplug, provide the information stated above.

firemedic19

Premium Subscriber
Unless the codeplug is the exact model number and exact flashcode, you wont be able to clone the codeplug into your radio. It's worth to see if anyone here has it but I'd say you should just wait for your radio.

If you want the codeplug, provide the information stated above.

Copy, I was mainly just looking to get a codeplug to basically learn the program/experiment, so when I get my radio, I can knock out the programming as quickly as possible. Thanks for your reply!

prcguy

You would want to read the new radio first, save that code plug, then modify and save that code plug with another file name to keep the original intact. I'm fairly new at XTS-2500 programming but have acquired a VHF, UHF, 700/800 and 900MHz XTS-2500 recently and have been very busy programming lately.

I see many different ways these radios were programmed before I got them, some ways make sense while others are a PIA. The worst for me is when there is a specific personality for each and every zone channel assignment, that makes for endless cross referencing between different fields and its easy to overlook things.

The method I prefer is to have just a few personalities, perhaps one per scan list since the personality is married to a scan list. Maybe two personalities per scan list if you have both analog and digital channels. You can have say 4 zones with four scan lists, one scan list per zone and a combo of analog and digital channels within a zone requiring maybe eight personalities total, an analog and digital personality per scan list. At least thats what I prefer in the limited time I've been playing with these.

There are some experts out here than can hopefully get into more detail and share their preferred way of programming.

Copy, I was mainly just looking to get a codeplug to basically learn the program/experiment, so when I get my radio, I can knock out the programming as quickly as possible. Thanks for your reply!

K2NEC

I'm fairly new at XTS-2500 programming but have acquired a VHF, UHF, 700/800 and 900MHz XTS-2500 recently and have been very busy programming lately.
Did you mean to say XTS or XTL? Just wondering since OP is talking about XTLs

firemedic19

Premium Subscriber
Codeplug Supersite has what you need. But as others have said. Don't count on it supporting the same features as the radio you have coming to you.

Thank you very much for the info! I found what I was looking for. Mods can close this if they would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.