• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL5000 radio id question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program a multi mode ham radio repeater in my radio. The repeater owner said to program my DMR id (3107112) as the radio ID for the system to work. Can anyone help me to tell me where in the software I put that in? I have looked around in the CPS software and still haven't found it once the radio personality was downloaded. Please help

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I think the OP is implying that the repeater in question is running mixed mode P25 and analog. When he uses P25 he wants to use his DMR-MARC radio ID. I do the same thing. You can use any ID you want unless the repeater owner want you to use something else.

I can't remember how to set the ID off the top of my head. I believe it's in the Astro25 system tab under conventional. It's pretty straight forward. if you get no assistance I can walk you through it when I get home and have CPS open.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
You need to locate the conventional Astro system. The default ID is "1". Enter your ID into that field, and make sure that you select that Astro system for the conventional personality associated with the repeater you are programming in.

MSS-Dave

You needed to add some info here as some are misunderstanding what you are doing. You are wanting to use your 5000 on a P25 amateur repeater hooked into the P25NX network correct? That network DOES encourage use of the DMR-MARC ID scheme as it is an existing, well managed data base.

Your ID goes under Conventional>Astro systems>Astro system 1>General>Individual ID

I see you have responses so this is redundant at this point.

N4KVE

It's in the Astro ID section, & default is 1. We too use our DMR ID # 's on our P25 repeater's. The ID # is already assigned to us , so why not use the same # for P25 repeater's. One less # to remember.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Wow, I think some people need to take a reading comprehension course.

I suspect the OP is using his P25 radio on the p25nx network. It's suggested that the users of this P25 network use a DMR ID as their ID.

Nowhere has the OP said anything about using his radio on DMR.

As suggested above, the radio ID good in the Conventional Astro system.

Now I'll delete all the wrong replies so nobody else is confused and jumps in.

Status
Not open for further replies.