• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL5000 remote to dash mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

smorris

WX3PMC/WQWZ815/MOPA-27
Hello everyone,

I purchased an XTL5000(M20QSS9PW1An). It is set up as a remote mount, less the control cable. I want to convert this back to a dash mount. I took off the interconnect boards on the control head and the radio and tried to mount the head back on the radio but, it would not work. Do I need an adapter sleeve of sorts or is this particular model only capable of remote mount?

Thanks
WX3PMC

W0JJK

3085020F03 is the dash flex. It replaces the remote flex.

W0JJK

Ok I have that parts you need in my office. I can you those numbers Monday.

W0JJK

Here are the parts you need.

HKN6192B is the Flex

1585245E02 - - Thi plastic piece is plastic piece.

smorris

WX3PMC/WQWZ815/MOPA-27
Thank for the info. I just found out that after I convert it back to dash config, I’ll still be required to go into the code plug and change the head type to dash and unfortunately, I don’t own the CPS. I’ll just have to keep it a remote mount. The Spectra was so much easier.

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
Thank for the info. I just found out that after I convert it back to dash config, I’ll still be required to go into the code plug and change the head type to dash and unfortunately, I don’t own the CPS. I’ll just have to keep it a remote mount. The Spectra was so much easier.

If you don’t own CPS then how do you program the radio?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber

An O5 is an O5 whether it is remote mount or not. The only programming change required is if you switch to an O3 or W-Series head.

W0JJK

I just made a remote mount to a dash mount by removing the TIB and remote flex.

I installed the plastic ring and than the dash flex. Last I put the screws back in and it works without any reprogramming.

Status
Not open for further replies.