• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 1500 AN stuck to csq no pl

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I ran across a box of electronic goods at a auction.

At the bottom was a xts1500 AN version,
Plug: 001C
DSP: 06.00.01
FIRMWARE: 06.02.03
BOOTLOADER: 01.04.20

I grabbed a battery popped it on and immediately heard the tone as if a button was stuck on any channel, zone. It read and wrote fine.

Popped her open and noticed immediately some turkey had soldered the 2 pins on the bottom side of the ptt (component) together. I can only speculate it was either replaced or had issue thus someone decided to solder the two pins together.

I removed the connection and properly re soldered the two pins to the rf board.

Radio powers up fine, read and writes fine. Self tests fine.

Setting a test channel it transmits fine on repeater, simplex.

However using any pl, dpl it does not mute the squelch. As if stuck on csq, not constant squelch just a drop tail and no reverse muting. I have checked, double checked and re checked settings. Tried standard etc snd put it to and or muting with or. Nada. It receives fine, transmits fine.

I checked the alignments and tuned it which is fine.

Only thing I can think is whatever the previous individual did caused issue leading me back to the ptt. I could be wrong but I figured I'd ask others to get input.

Keep in mind it was a box I got from auction of computer parts and didn't expect to find it so it's no loss to me if it works but figured I'd trouble shoot it but wondered what others thought.

Does anyone recall if this firmware version had any pl, dpl issues? Being a older unit and AN I don't recall. I probably will take it to the final AN version tonight if I find my firmware files for version 9.

I'm still suspecting the ptt component. However from what I can see it is sitting and secured properly to the rf board however I cannot tell if anything under it had been altered or if it was completely removed.

I could be missing something in cps but I highly doubt it.

I figured I'd check with others on input. Any thoughts welcome.

SCPD

QRT
Disregard folks. Thanks for stopping by. I went back and noticed conventional tps ui was enabled and checked. I disabled it and all works now muting pl and dpl. Bah, I had thought I checked the settings too. Think I'm getting too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.