• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 2500 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridezfast911

Hi all. The PTT button on my personal XTS 2500 stopped working recently, and I need to get it repaired. Someone had mentioned to me that there is, or once was, a recall form something similar on the 2500. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this, and if so, point me in the right direction so I may find it. Google searches have been unable to find anything on it so far. Thanks!

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Hi all. The PTT button on my personal XTS 2500 stopped working recently, and I need to get it repaired. Someone had mentioned to me that there is, or once was, a recall form something similar on the 2500. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this, and if so, point me in the right direction so I may find it. Google searches have been unable to find anything on it so far. Thanks!

It was just for the plastic and limited to the "B" model that has the square type PTT button. The kit included 20 or 25 units that allowed you to replace them on an as needed basis. Not sure if this fits your issue, but that is what the service notification was for.

ridezfast911

Probably not. The 2500 I have has a rubberized PTT button, and its not cracked, its non-functional. It will not "key up" when I press it. The radio keys up just fine with a shoulder mic.

ridezfast911

Did the radio stop working or did it get stunned?

It still works, I can transmit just fine if I use a shoulder mic, or similar accessory. Im fairly certain its a physical problem with the PTT button. It feels spongy when i press it.

jblizzards

The XTS2500 family has a great problem related with plastic PTTs, Motorola has already changed this part at least 3 times since the "B" version came out.

The most recent number part for this item is this: PMLN5466C.

Prior to the new one was this: PMLN5466A.

They come in packages with 25 pieces each.

The most important thing is that you must be aware that it might be possible that the plastic PTT doesn’t be the real problem itself, because the radios have an internal soft plastic membrane that is under the PTT and responsable for pressing on the internal mini switch (the real PTT), but this membrane is not for sale alone, so it’s a good idea to use the external mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.