• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 2500 Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if an XTS2500 with a split of 450-512MHZ. go down to the 440MHZ Ham band? I am looking to get one but this concerns me.

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!
I am glad I asked. I guess I need one with the 403-470 split then right? Or is there another split?
My GP380 has that split.

Manny

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Can't these be bit banged out of band via taking a hex editor to the cps like some of the older radios?

bezking

Akardam's website has directions for forcing the CPS for the Astro25 series out of band. Now, keep in mind that this is just a software modification, and that there is no guarantee that the hardware in the radio will perform well or at all outside of it's rated bandsplit (although it is possible, you might want to ask on the Batboard if anybody has experience with this).

Astro25

An "S" split (450-512) unit should, in most cases, operate down to 440MHz just fine, without the need of any fine-tuning. Most Astro/Astro25 radios can perform +/- 10MHz of the rated band-split without serious degradation in signal quality.

As was mentioned above, you will need to hex edit the CPS to allow programming out-of-band.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
is an "S" split (450-512mhz) 2500 able to do 6.25khz PLL Steps?
I am looking for something to cover the new 6.25khz band split for the new FDNY/EMS Frequencies

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I was looking at this particular radio:
http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-Motorola-X...ItemQQptZ2_Way_Radios_FRS?hash=item48392f9730

However, it does not have a tag on the back. I'm interested in conventional Public Safety / Fire / EMS monitoring and Ham use which it seems like it will do. However, with no tags of any kind, I just don't know exactly what I am getting. I would have to rely stricly on the selller's word.!

Manny

Last edited:

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
I have bought Radios from that seller more then once and have had no issue even with no tags the serial number in CPS is always fine his radios used to all have 123abc serial numbers but all have good numbers seller also ships super fast so dont worry about no tags

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a lot!
I am new to this particular radio. I have experience with kenwood commercial radios and some experience with Sabers and GP380s. I just want to make sure to ask all the right questions before diving in...

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.