xts 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

asimon

hi. i got a bunch of new xts 2500s model II I believe but I can't figure out how to scan multiple channels at once. I want to be able to listen to CMED channel five, police and EMS all at the same time but transmit only on EMS.

Can somebody help me

R

Rayjk110

If you want to simul-monitor those 3 at once, that's not possible, however they can be scanned with priority revert programmed onto EMS.

This is something that needs to be configured in the CPS for those radios.

asimon

so i need to send them back to northeastern. they took like 5 months to get here. ugh

thanks for the info

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sounds like you're really asking how to setup or alter your scan list programming.

If these are agency issued radios, then you need to contact your radio shop and find out if it's possible and permissible.

What you ask can be done but they'll probably need to go back to the radio shop once you've got the appropriate permission.

Most agencies do not want scan used. If the radio is tied up on another frequency and you miss a dispatch, it will be your butt on the line.

asimon

yea we've had xts 3000's in the past and HTs too where we can listen to cmed, police, townwide and also our frequency EMS, which the transmit key is set to transmit over.
apparently we used a xts 3000 to send in for northeastern for copying programming. that 3000 can scan...these 2500's can't

Status
Not open for further replies.