• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 3000 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Ok. My XTS is not set to affiliate in any way to Fleetnet. Nor is the Red Light flashing. A guy who I was dealing with fixed the radio up so that the red light would not come on. This radio was never affiliating at all in the first place. So I had no worries at all for it to affiliate to anything at all. I am using this as a 2 way radio for normal channels along with using it to listen to Fleetnet, since when I am out I carry this and my PRO 96. So say if something important was going on say our Fire Channel, I would lock that in on my scanner and then use this XTS 3000 to monitor our OPP Talkgroup or go one any other talkgroup if there was something else going on, so I won't miss anything while I was locked on another channel on my scanner.

And I am never getting rid of this radio or taking the battery out ever, only to charge it and that's it.

So if I want to use it like a scanner as well, I will. But like I said, I am also using it as a normal two way radio as well with other VHF Channels in it, to monitor and talk on.

So all I was asking for was help and seeing then if there was anyone on here, like the guy I was dealing with, who I can no longer get a hold of anymore, can fix up things I want done, by sending them my file, and then getting the file back with everything I needed done on it.

But I know there is other people out there doing the same thing I am doing and using a actual radio to monitor their System and have it not affiliate to anything. But no one on here will admit to it, cuz they don't want to get yelled at by everyone about what they are doing and why they shouldn't be doing it.

So if there is no one out there that will help me by me sending them the files and what I need fixed and done with them, like the last guy that did this for me with no issues at all and no questions. Sent him the files, told him what I wanted done, he did it and then sent me the files back with everything I wanted and in working order. Then I am done posting on here for help and replying the odd times to help others. Since all I was looking for was help and either a simple YES and and reply to it or a NO and why it can't be done. Not having rude replies and a huge long speech.

So it's my choice what I want to do with my radios and what to use them for.

So all I want now is a simple YES OR NO. Will anyone on here help me out to get me fixed up by me sending someone my files and then get them back with everything I need added and done with them.

Last edited:

WuLabsWuTecH

So all I want now is a simple YES OR NO. Will anyone on here help me out to get me fixed up by me sending someone my files and then get them back with everything I need added and done with them.

No. People are here to share knowledge, not do things for you. You are confusing the forums with a Motorola Dealer.

If some other guy did it for you last time, why not just ask him again? And yes, there are plenty of people on here who use an XTS as a scanner but I still don't understand why you want to do so. You need to answer that question first. People are being rude because you're not answering the questions they post to you.

1) What is it exactly what you are trying to do? Are you trying to scan just a few talkgroups? Is this a backup radio for you job? You need to tell us what you are trying to do so we can either tell you that it's feasible and you just have to do more learning, or that it's not feasible. I have a feeling you are trying to make an omelet but you're using a tupperware container instead of a frying pan. No matter how much you want to use the tupperware container, it's just not gonna work!

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Ok. My XTS is not set to affiliate in any way to Fleetnet. Nor is the Red Light flashing. A guy who I was dealing with fixed the radio up so that the red light would not come on. This radio was never affiliating at all in the first place. So I had no worries at all for it to affiliate to anything at all. I am using this as a 2 way radio for normal channels along with using it to listen to Fleetnet, since when I am out I carry this and my PRO 96. So say if something important was going on say our Fire Channel, I would lock that in on my scanner and then use this XTS 3000 to monitor our OPP Talkgroup or go one any other talkgroup if there was something else going on, so I won't miss anything while I was locked on another channel on my scanner.

And I am never getting rid of this radio or taking the battery out ever, only to charge it and that's it.

So if I want to use it like a scanner as well, I will. But like I said, I am also using it as a normal two way radio as well with other VHF Channels in it, to monitor and talk on.

So all I was asking for was help and seeing then if there was anyone on here, like the guy I was dealing with, who I can no longer get a hold of anymore, can fix up things I want done, by sending them my file, and then getting the file back with everything I needed done on it.

But I know there is other people out there doing the same thing I am doing and using a actual radio to monitor their System and have it not affiliate to anything. But no one on here will admit to it, cuz they don't want to get yelled at by everyone about what they are doing and why they shouldn't be doing it.

So if there is no one out there that will help me by me sending them the files and what I need fixed and done with them, like the last guy that did this for me with no issues at all and no questions. Sent him the files, told him what I wanted done, he did it and then sent me the files back with everything I wanted and in working order. Then I am done posting on here for help and replying the odd times to help others. Since all I was looking for was help and either a simple YES and and reply to it or a NO and why it can't be done. Not having rude replies and a huge long speech.

So it's my choice what I want to do with my radios and what to use them for.

Ok let's, for a minute, ASSume your radio is actually set up to not affiliate to BMR Fleetnet. Fine.

To answer your question No.

If you want it programmed put a wanted add on the buy/sell forum, or take it to a MSS. Better yet go to P25.ca get the software, then go on eBay and buy a Jedi programming cable and LEARN, by reading the very detailed, step by step instructions on p25.ca how to program to not affiliate and then make the changes yourself. Once you LEARN how to do it you will not need to depend on others to do everything for you this way the next time you need to add or delete a talk group you will not have to come begging for someone to do it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Simple answer: No!

Perhaps if we knew exactly how much work was involved in making the changes somebody might not mind if it only takes a couple of minutes.

If you've got a large list of channels to add and a bunch of other changes than I could see somebody wanting some monetary compensation.

Of course, this all depends on the person having a valid system key for Fleetnet or you providing them a valid system key.

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Coolguy again! When are you going to sit down and learn this stuff? Wouldn't you rather be able to just fire up your laptop and fix your own radio. You've been asking to be spoon fed or have someone do it for you for a couple years now. In that time you surely have had some spare time you could've spent reading through all the threads on multiple forums that lays all this out. It's basically spoon feeding yourself by reading what everyone else has figured out for you and posted up. Be a cool guy and start reading and learning.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Coolguy again! When are you going to sit down and learn this stuff? Wouldn't you rather be able to just fire up your laptop and fix your own radio. You've been asking to be spoon fed or have someone do it for you for a couple years now. In that time you surely have had some spare time you could've spent reading through all the threads on multiple forums that lays all this out. It's basically spoon feeding yourself by reading what everyone else has figured out for you and posted up. Be a cool guy and start reading and learning.

To sum up what skypilot007 said: Catch a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Ok. First. All I am trying to do is use this radio not to scan certain Talkgroups, I have them in there to listen to just like I said, while I have my scanner with me and if something important comes up say on our Fire Department or any other channel including Fleetnet. I would lock on that channel on my scanner and then use my XTS to sit on the talkgroup to still listen to what is going on with say the OPP while my scanner (PRO 96) is locked on another channel. Yes this is my second radio that I also use to talk on and listen to as well, on the other VHF channels I got in there (NON Fleetnet).

I don't have to assume that it is NOT affliliating to Fleetnet. It is not. That is 100% positive. Because if it was, the radio would of been no good to me a long time ago and I would of heard about it. So I don't have to worry about that at all.

And like I said for this guy who did do all the stuff I wanted done with my XTS, like adding Talkgroups and adding the control channels for each file I needed fixed up. He was from the States. So he obviously had no System Key for Fleetnet. I dunno what type of System Key he had or has. All I did was send him the file(s) I wanted fixed up and then he fixed them up and sent them back to me with all the fixes and everything working like it should with no issues. Now for the past few months I haven't been able to get a hold of him otherwise I wouldn't of posted on here and would of still be getting it done by him.

All I need done is a few talkgroups to one file, one talkgroup to another and remove a control channel from another, so to me it shouldn't be that much work.

And yah I know how to obviously use the XTS software, that is not the issue I am having. The only thing I don't know what to do is what I am trying to get help with, is to add/remover talkgroups and add/remove control channels. Once I know how to do this, then I can do it on my own and won't have to ask anyone anymore. So all I need to know is, if I need a system key, does it have to be a actual key to do this or can I use some program or what ever to make up a system key to do this, so I can do it on my own. If it has to be a actual key, will Motorola give one out, say if I know a friend who might know someone from Motorola or no.

Hope this clarifies some stuff.

WuLabsWuTecH

Ok. First. All I am trying to do is use this radio not to scan certain Talkgroups, I have them in there to listen to just like I said, while I have my scanner with me and if something important comes up say on our Fire Department or any other channel including Fleetnet. I would lock on that channel on my scanner and then use my XTS to sit on the talkgroup to still listen to what is going on with say the OPP while my scanner (PRO 96) is locked on another channel. Yes this is my second radio that I also use to talk on and listen to as well, on the other VHF channels I got in there (NON Fleetnet).

[...]

And yah I know how to obviously use the XTS software, that is not the issue I am having. The only thing I don't know what to do is what I am trying to get help with, is to add/remover talkgroups and add/remove control channels. Once I know how to do this, then I can do it on my own and won't have to ask anyone anymore. So all I need to know is, if I need a system key, does it have to be a actual key to do this or can I use some program or what ever to make up a system key to do this, so I can do it on my own. If it has to be a actual key, will Motorola give one out, say if I know a friend who might know someone from Motorola or no.

Hope this clarifies some stuff.

So it's also your radio that you talk on? I would recommend doing it the other way then. If you have something you want to listen to, lock onto that channel with your XTS and keep scanning with your scanner. You'll get better results. If you keep the priority to your dispatch channel, you won't miss a dispatch.

My setup when I'm on duty is this in station if i'm bored and wanna scan the airwaves: scanner is on scan pretty much all the time. If I have a fireground I want to listen to, I switch my radio over to that channel. I don't worry about missing a dispatch because i'm in station and the klaxon and pagers will go off. The reason is that radios, imo, give a little better quality so if I want to listen to the FG, i use the radio, but scanners are much better at scanning (hence the name) so i use it to scan.

If we're on the air and out about town, my radio is set to the dispatch channel (or depending on which department I'm on, scanning between our two dispatch channels) and I don't use it for anything else since I might actually need it for work. Some guys have their scanners to listen to on the 40 minute drive back from the hospital, but I don't find it necessary to carry that much stuff out with me. Then again, other than my radio, I'm also one of those people that just doesn't like carrying things on his belt.

As far as system keys, my (limited) understanding of them is that it is like a password for the system and each radio system has it's own. Motorola can't give you this information since it's not theirs to give out. It would be like trying to get your bank to give out someone else's password. It's not theirs to give out.

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
>And yah I know how to obviously use the XTS software,

Really?

>The only thing I don't know what to do is what I am trying to get help with, is to add/remover talkgroups and add/remove control channels.

Use the help file that's what it's for

>if I need a system key, does it have to be a actual key to do this or can I use some program or what ever to make up a system key to do this, so I can do it on my own.

BATLABS/P25.ca can awnser that

>If it has to be a actual key, will Motorola give one out, say if I know a friend who might know someone from Motorola or no.

I wouldn't ask them if I were you
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

You really need to figure out how a motorola system works before you try to program a bunch of crap and get your radio bricked. Also you might want to use an MTS2000 in case it does get bricked, you can simply reload the codeplug to make it work again. Besides all that you realize this may jepardize the legitimate users of the system, if you have two radios with the same ID they will want to be on the same channel the one being used currently is despite what the other one selects. You scanning the system might cause the other radio to move channels, you may end up causing the other person to transmit on the wrong channel (this can kill someone).

TL;Dr: use a scanner.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Ok. All I am looking for nice and easy and simple is to get a few files fixed up, with a few Talkgroups added to a few of them and a Control Channel removed from one of those files. For now.

I will say again. I did have a guy who did this before, all I did was send him my files from my XTS 3000, I emailed him them, then he looked at them, fixed them up by adding all the Talkgroups I wanted to each file and adding 4 Control Channels I needed in each file for every place I usually go to. Then he emailed them back to me and after that I was all set to go. So I don't know what type of system key(s) he had or has, but whatever kind he has, he was able to use to do my radio, a friend of mines radio and that friends radio as well. So I don't think it each radio has it's own. Because these radios me and a friend of mine don't obviously have any system key to do this.

Ok once again. I know pretty much how a Motorola System works. And I don't have any worries about my radio becoming a so called paper weight. It will never ever affiliate on this system. No matter what, because it would of done so a long time ago. And I don't have to worry about this radio having a ID because, it has a bogus ID and just like I said will never ever affiliate to this system ever and cause any issues.

So once again I will ask and this is all I am asking and looking for. Not anymore long speeches about this and that.

Is there anyone on here that can help me, by me sending them my files I want fixed up with everything I need and want done with them so I can get this done and out of the way and won't have to ask and bug anyone on here anymore.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If anybody wants to help Coolguy out with his problem, please PM him.

With that, I'll be locking this thread as well so he doesn't get anymore lectures.

Coolguy, unless you've got something new to add, please don't start anymore new threads asking for help with having your radio reprogrammed.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.