• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts 3000 cloning question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfsup28

When trying to clone from a different radio the CPS wont allow it, saying it is a different serial number..is their anyway of changing the serial number ?

jim202

When trying to clone from a different radio the CPS wont allow it, saying it is a different serial number..is their anyway of changing the serial number ?

Are you sure it says serial number and not the model number? If you try to clone a radio with a different model number, it won't let you.

RKG

If you try to "clone" a radio by trying a simple "write radio" to the target, you will get the "wrong serial number" error. Cloning, to the extent permitted by CPS, must be attempted via the Tools-Clone menu.

surfsup28

Umm ok thanks guys, yep i found that the clone can be done i think with the clone feature..but presents me with a new problem...i then get error " this problem cany occur until every trunking system in memory has a corresponding system key"..ill figure it out i guess but, maybe someone here might be able to help me.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you are cloning from a radio that has trunking, you need a system key for each system.

JFM1962

Cloning

So how did you overcome the "serial number" thingy when trying to clone?
and the system key problem?
Be interested in finding out.

merry xmas guys

RyanRox099

Premium Subscriber
To change a serial number you'll need a Motorola lab software. Which are not easy to find, they are meant to exist only in Motorola's depot. You shouldn't have to change a serial number, you can clone a radio if it has the same model number.

As for the system key you will not be will to make any trunking changes in the CPS without a valid system key. Which only the system admin's have. There are ways to generate your own system key. if you really want to do some more research on the subject, you should check out batlabs.com.

surfsup28

xts 3000 cloning

When trying to clone the radio i did use the clone feature, u are able to keep the radios serial number and you can still transfer all the rest of the data to the new radio. As for the sytem keys no luck on that one. But all is not lost , as the xts3000 is still a great radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.