• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 3000 won't scan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrebuff2

I have an XTS 300 model III and can not get it to scan , as I am new to the programming part does anyone have any ideas that may help ???

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Not having programmed one of those but most radios want you to.
#1 Make a scan list
#2 assign a programmed channel to a scan list
#3 assign a button to a scan list
#4 some radios allow you to make more than one scan list
#5 then you have to assign a button to change scan list
I hope this can point you in the right direction until you find a user that has programmed one of these before.

clbsquared

What specifically are you trying to scan? Conventional channels? Under your personality assignment you need to select a scan list for the personality to be assigned to. It's the tab listed as "Scan" in the conventional personality. Therefore, you need to set up a scan list and a zone channel assignment. There are other things that need to be done as buddrousa pointed out.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

fyrebuff2

SCAN

Thank you for the responses , here is the story , Motorola XTS 3000 radio is programmed however when i turn the scan on selector to scan it will scan for 2 or 3 seconds and then an alert tone pings and it will no longer scan although the scan icon is still lit it will only receive the channel it is locked on . the personality is set to conventional and all settings appear normal { I am inexperienced on the programming } any help would be great thanks

mathkukoo

From what experience I have, it sounds like you have a priority alert set on the scan, and it is detecting traffic. Are you sure there are multiple members set in the scan list? Do you have them added to the scan list both under scanning and on the scan option for the specific frequencies you are looking to scan?

fyrebuff2

From what experience I have, it sounds like you have a priority alert set on the scan, and it is detecting traffic. Are you sure there are multiple members set in the scan list? Do you have them added to the scan list both under scanning and on the scan option for the specific frequencies you are looking to scan?

Thank you it sounds as if you may be correct the red light flashes continuously so i am gonna assume that is the issue ..and try and remedy it

Status
Not open for further replies.