• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

Is it possible to extract the sytem ids from a radio itself....Maybe with a hex editor ?

Let me say this again, as it has been brought up many times on here. The system ID can only be seen with the radio software if you have the systems key while reading the radio with the Motorola radio software. My guess is your trying to program the radio onto a trunking system.

No radio systems manager will pass out the radio systems key file to anyone but their radio system service people.

If you have to ask about this, your doing something you shouldn't be. If you have to ask, then we have to assume that your not an authorized user on the system.

Yell, scream or what ever, these are the facts.

Devilz311

The system ID can only be seen with the radio software if you have the systems key while reading the radio with the Motorola radio software. My guess is your trying to program the radio onto a trunking system.

Not really. You can VIEW the system ID (and individual radio ID) without a system key. Many of the trunked systems in the RR database display the system ID. You just can't touch anything system-related in CPS without a valid system key file.

mancow

Database Admin
You can read it all day long without a key but you won't be able to change anything. Yes, you can see the system IDs.

surfsup28

Jim, take a breath mate...i dont know you think you are ranting a raving like that, but i did ask a simple question....if ur not going to answer the question dont bother answering...dont want to know about ur tantrums on here thanks. These forums are for people that want to learn new things from others.

Last edited:

surfsup28

Thanks to the rest of the guys for a answering my simple question...was just wondering as i have a access to a radio that does have the system keys in it, was just wondering if u could get em out...or just read em. Just thought that the hex editor could see em , thats all.

Last edited:

fineshot1

Thanks to the rest of the guys for a answering my simple question...was just wondering as i have a access to a radio that does have the system keys in it, was just wondering if u could get em out...or just read em. Just thought that the hex editor could see em , thats all.

Actually the programming key is not in the radio, it is in the motorola programming software if you have it.

surfsup28

Yep yep, i do have it..i can clone a non trunking system fine but i guess its a little more complicated with the trunking systems...hmmm but i think im getting confused with system ids and sytem keys now. Also know that u can load the keys via a Key loader, so they must be in there somewhere ?

Last edited:

Devilz311

The system key isn't in the radio, it's a file that must be on the computer. You can't extract it from the radio.

RKG

Let me calibrate you: the "system key" is not "in" the source radio. The system key is a file that the CPS looks to see stored in a given location your hard drive. If it is there on your machine, the CPS takes that as permission for you to access and edit trunked system parameters. If not, the CPS denies you such access. The system key file contains no data (just 31 bytes of code) and is not written to the radio.

Sorry; someone beat me to it.

mancow

Database Admin
Right, and to clarify it doesn't render the system ID information or other trunked parameters non visible. They are just grayed out and can't be edited unless you have the system key to enable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.