• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello.

I am just wondering if there is anyone on here that can program in Talkgroups and add and remove Control Channels to an XTS 3000. Or if anyone on here can tell me how I can do it myself.

Me and a friend of mine did have someone do it for us before, we sent him our XTS 3000 file and he fixed it up for us, he added in anything we wanted, like any Talkgroups we wanted and any 4 Control Channels for the one file or each file we wanted done. And now for the past few months I haven't been able to get a hold of him anymore to continue doing this. He was a good guy and knew exactly what he was doing and how to do it. Once we got our file(s) back from him that we wanted done and fixed up, they all worked excellent with no issues so far.

There is some Talkgroups I would like added to a few of my files along with either adding or removing one or more Control Channels to one or a couple of my files as well.

So just wondering if anyone on here can do this or tell me step by step or whatever how to do it on my own.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Ok. I don't really read those posts unless I need to. So don't know about it.

I would like to get these couple things fixed up, added and removed.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Ok. I don't really read those posts unless I need to. So don't know about it.

I would like to get these couple things fixed up, added and removed.

Thanks

I would suggest to you that you REALLY NEED TO READ THEM.

While the audio is superior than a scanner, you are out of your league trying to program the radio. Get a scanner.

I'm guessing you are trying to monitor BMR Fleetnet... Some free advice: unless you are a legit user of the trunk system, the way you have your radio programmed is causing your radio to try and affiliate(the 'red flashing LED') to the system. By doing this you are trying to monitor you are breaking the law. If you are legit go to the system admin and ask for help.

I strongly suggest you go over to P25.ca and READ(do not ask because they will not spoon feed you the info) everything you need to set up your radio to not affiliate and still scan is there in that thread.

Also if you do find your way over to P25.ca I strongly suggest you NOT ask for a system key or how to make one. Nobody is going to give you a system key, nor will they tell you how to make one. Most likely you will just end up banned doing so.

Hopefully you are not causing havoc to a legit user by having a cloned ID

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

cabletech

Here's my take on this.

coolguy is sooo cool he is like trying to pour molasses in sub-sub degree weather. He just does not get it.

He's been asking basicly the same question and getting the same answers for way over a year.

coolguy--get your head together and relize that you are not going to get any other answers then what you have already been told.

No body is going to "GIVE" you a system key or even want to program the radio because there are too many of us that RESPECT the verious systems that are in place.

Do us all a favor, turn the radio off, take the battery off and then put it in drawer and go get a scanner as you have been told several times.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think we've all made our thoughts on this subject very clear. Hopefully Coolguy will take advice and get a scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.