• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 5000 Astro ID Alias

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, im trying to program my xts 5000 to show text on the display under certain id's, i already created an astro call list with the id number and next to them put the text, but after writing it to the radio whenever any id that's on the list comes up, its still just the id, no text. I don't now exactly which option should be enabled to make this work, i went into the personality and under astro call selected call alert decode, selective call decode and on the astro call id list i selected '1' which is the list that has all the aliases for the id's

Thank You

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Yes, My Flashcode is 5000080004864

Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
H14: Enhanced Digital ID Display
H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
Q173: SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
Q361: ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking
Q446: Fireground Voice/Channel Announcement
Q667: ADP Software Encryption

When i use mdc signaling on my analog personalities it works and changes the id to the alias name, but its not working on Astro System

Last edited:

MPFD535

Check under the signaling remember the mcs 2000 had a tab were you could choose id and alias-alias or id.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The signaling tab only has the tab to choose what you want in the that personality but nothing about alias, the alias stuff i found under astro configuration>astro system but from there im stuck.I don't know what I'm missing, maybe a check box somewhere, and also on the rotary channel selector I know you can program ch 1-16 to be other channels beside 1-16 so if anyone has any insight on that, I will very much appreciate it

Last edited:

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

OK now I know something is up that I'm missing, I put the same astro call list on my xts 2500 and it works

Last edited:

jtech48

Premium Subscriber

idle00955 said:
Mine works great on my 2500I

What works ID alias, or rotary channel selector?

jtech48

Premium Subscriber

Its working on my 2500 too but not on the 5000, could the firmware be old that it doesn't do it?

MPFD535

Ill check the programming on mine and see what I can find. Ill try and get mine to stop, Does it make a difference if radio is in scan or not? I have seen them not do id when in scan.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; NookColor Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30)

Nope, I tried it both scan and not and same result. I believe its the old firmware it has

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Radio had been sent to Motorola for firmware update returned today with dsp 17.00.00 and host 16.50.20 and fixed this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.