• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS-5000 beeps/tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack1971

Hi everyone,
I'm completely new to the forum so apologies for any missteps but I'm hoping I can get some advice.
I have a Wulfsberg C-5000 Controller and Wulfsberg RT-5000 transceiver with the Motorola XTS-5000 ITM and have been tasked with introducing P25 capability to a customers aircraft.
My P25 knowledge is minimal but have managed to get the system near serviceable, with one issue I can not figure out.
After loading encryption codes into the RT and selecting a trunked channel, all I receive/hear is a series of 6 quick 'beeps' or tones repeated approx. every 10 seconds.
I've searched high and low for a cause, but no luck, so I've turned to you guys for help.
Thanks very much for any info.

Zack1971

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
I thought the same, but the crypto-loader states the keys have been loaded successfully and the target loaded keys can be viewed as expected on the loader.
Perhaps expired Keys?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Keys don't expire in this context.

If the keys are loaded, then they're probably not associated with the trunking personality.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Did you load a key or a KEK? Is the system using OTAR? Did you use PID or CKR?

It sounds like you loaded a KEK and you need to request a rekey with the radio. On a normal 5000 or 2500, you will see the normal icon for encryption, but you won't see the AES icon until the rekey is successful.

Zack1971

Hi, I used a Motorola KVL-3000 to load the keys.
How would I know if I was loading a key or a KEK?
How do I request a rekey?
Thanks

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If the system is using OTAR, you would load the KEK with the KVL, then use the radio and navigate to the soft key labeled REKEY. Then once you press the REKEY button, you press the PTT. The system will check the KEK against what the system has and if they match, the system gives the radio the actual key and the radio will display the AES symbol. On our system, we have to have CKR checked and you have to enter in the correct info in the secure section. Your system admin will tell you which slots to use.

ems170

Feed Provider
Also don't forget that even with a proper KEK, the provisioning manager for the system has to have the radio ID assigned to the proper security group in order to OTAR the TEK. You may have loaded the correct KEK, but the KMF manager may not have provisioned that radio to receive the TEK for the selected talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.