• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 5000 CPS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQOQ867

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a copy of CPS for the XTS 5000 from Motorola. How do I change the PL tone to one thats not on the list? Same with the DPL tone, how do I change it to one thats not on the drop down list?

SCPD

QRT
You don't.... the tones in the drop down, to the best of my knowledge, are standardized throughout the LMR industry. What tone{s} did you want/need to use?

WQOQ867

Premium Subscriber
The print out I have from a King radio shows NAC 0659, so that would be 293 I need in the Motorola. Being king shows them as decimal not HEX I had to convert them. This is all for p25 use.

The other NAC is 1318, so that should be HEX 527 for the motorola DPL.

The prosses I used to convert them is as follows: Set the calculator to programmer mode. Click the DEC button then enter the 4 digit code. Click the HEX button and it will convert it.

This is my first time using Motorola CPS, I have done Vertex Standard, Kenwood, and King for years. So if I'm doing something wrong please let me know!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
NAC is NAC - both in hex. There is no equivalent for analog PL/DPL. You can't just covert a P25 NAC to decimal and plug it into an analog personality. Doesn't work that way.

Your XTS5k would have to be flashed for digital operation, and you would have to configure the channels as digital. Forget PL/DPL. You're doing it wrong.

WQOQ867

Premium Subscriber
NAC is NAC - both in hex. There is no equivalent for analog PL/DPL. You can't just covert a P25 NAC to decimal and plug it into an analog personality. Doesn't work that way.

Your XTS5k would have to be flashed for digital operation, and you would have to configure the channels as digital. Forget PL/DPL. You're doing it wrong.

It is set for digital operation, Im not trying to put the P25 NAC into an analog channel, I'm trying to put it in a digital channel but the NAC I need isn't on the drop down list. I had to convert them for programing a ken wood in digital and they worked just fine and went in the radio just fine.

I need to put the following in P25 channels,

NAC 1318/HEX 527
NAC 0659/HEX 293

This is whats in our kings and kenwoods and they talk to each other fine as well as the repeaters.

SCPD

QRT
You don't select NAC from any drop down. When the channel personality is properly configured for digital operation, you can enter any (valid) NAC you want into the Rx Network and Tx Network fields -- in HEX.

Status
Not open for further replies.