• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

xts 5000 modle 3 trunked programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

engco1020

Premium Subscriber
yes when I edited my scan list to add zone 8 channel 1 to scan it will shows it in the scan list after I write the radio but wont work but all the other I put in work for some reason it the only zone 8 and channel 1 also when I am on that zone 8 and channel 1 I can not even put the radio on scan I am not sure what going on thanks in advance

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
yes when I edited my scan list to add zone 8 channel 1 to scan it will shows it in the scan list after I write the radio but wont work but all the other I put in work for some reason it the only zone 8 and channel 1 also when I am on that zone 8 and channel 1 I can not even put the radio on scan I am not sure what going on thanks in advance

Try again in English please. :confused:

engco1020

Premium Subscriber
okay sorry I added all fd channels to my scan list have 8 county's total well all of them work great in scan except for the 8th county but it shows it on the scan list but it will not scan it also if I am on that 8th county I can not even put the radio in scan mode for some reason all the other I can

engco1020

Premium Subscriber
okay how do I correct that if you have time to tell me my comm center programmer has no idea because they just through the code plug in and done

engco1020

Premium Subscriber
and also i can go to that zone and channel and talk to the comm center and listen to them fine just wont scan that channel

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If you aren't familiar with programming (and it doesn't sound like you are) it might be easier for you to post the codeplug and let someone fix it vs someone trying to explain what to look for and how to fix it.

Basically you need to see what conventional personality is assigned to zone 8, channel 1 and make sure it's in the proper scan list. Then you need to check that conventional personality and make sure the scan list is assigned to it. Kind of scares me that the programmer who made the codeplug doesn't know how to fix that....

engco1020

Premium Subscriber
we are on the wv sirn network they just through in the code plug and that's it i put the channel announcement on it because they didn't know how

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It is an easy fix if you know what you are looking for. Like I mentioned it's concerning that the local radio techs don't seem very skilled.

ME801

Basically each channel (mode in the programming software CPS) has to have a personality assigned to it. the personality assigned to your channel that doesn't scan sounds like its not set up to scan the Scan List.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
It is an easy fix if you know what you are looking for. Like I mentioned it's concerning that the local radio techs don't seem very skilled.

Um..yeah. They just handed over the programming computer and cable to a fellow who can't put together a readable sentence with proper grammar. :roll:

engco1020

Premium Subscriber
well thanks to me801 and forts the trunking personality was not set up to scan thanks for all the help working great now thanks you

Status
Not open for further replies.