• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 5000 Power Up Last Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Under radio wide settings in cps for xts 5k I selected power up last zone and last channel and write to radio successful, but when I put my radio on channel 26 turn it off and on, the radio goes back to whichever channel the rotary selector is on. I currently only have 1 zone with 206 channels

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

1 zone 200+ channels?!!!!!? How do you manage? I have 128 channels in 10 zones in my work mobile. Albeit one zone has 46 channels the rest have much less some zones have only a few. This is so much easier than having 128 channels all in a row makes it a pain to find a channel I need while driving.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

1 zone 200+ channels?!!!!!? How do you manage? I have 128 channels in 10 zones in my work mobile. Albeit one zone has 46 channels the rest have much less some zones have only a few. This is so much easier than having 128 channels all in a row makes it a pain to find a channel I need while driving.

Years working for the same agency, I remember mostly all the channels, especially the ones I use daily

scanner99 said:
I just tested it in my 5k and it worked as it should, if you want to send me your codeplug i would happily take a look at it for you. My email is aro1124@gmail.com

Give me a minute....

scanner99

Premium Subscriber
I am guessing you are using cps 17. Sorry cant read it don't have the newest software. If you have any older codeplug using any other version i can take a look at that.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
sorry i dont, i recently got cps and i got it when 17 came out, This is what I have selected

Attachments

• CPS.jpg
    CPS.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,264
Last edited:

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
The radios Host 4.80.00 and DSP 4.00.01 could this be the reason why some features are not working on it. Since the most recent DSP/Host is 17

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Ive read on batlabs that people were having issues with firmware 16, plus i wouldnt know if its better or smarter to do the update myself

bezking

Put the radio into test mode - if you see the word BRAVO, you can upgrade, if you see RAM, I would avoid it.

bezking

As long as your radio is an 8MEG, you shouldn't have any issues with R17, which is now the latest firmware.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
As long as your radio is an 8MEG, you shouldn't have any issues with R17, which is now the latest firmware.

Yes during the service mode scroll it does say 8 MEG. Is the process the same as when you write to the radio, were you click write to radio and leave it alone til you get the "Write Successful" box?

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
If the radio has UCM ability but I dont use encryption, Do I need to check the "upgrade ucm" box

bezking

If it physically has a UCM installed, whether you use it or not, you should upgrade it. If there's no UCM (even if you have hardware multikey in the flashcode), there's no point in checking the box.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Nevermind i confused ADP with UCM, it doesnt have it

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
I get an error "The FLASH Upgrade Failed! Cannot Read The FLASHkey Verify The FLASHkey is properly connected" Do i need something else, i downloaded the firmware from motorola. But theres nothing about a flashkey

bezking

:lol: I assumed you had one. To flash the firmware, you need a FLASHkey, which is a piece of hardware that plugs into your PC's USB port. You need to buy one before you can do the upgrade.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

bezking said:
:lol: I assumed you had one. To flash the firmware, you need a FLASHkey, which is a piece of hardware that plugs into your PC's USB port. You need to buy one before you can do the upgrade.

How do I go about getting one? Or is it better to send it to MOT to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.