• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts 5000 ptt tone

brandon02895

3 questions
1. Can the xts 5000 model II emit a tone like the old LAPD radios did.
2. How can i tell how many channels this model II has?
3. How can i tell if this model II can do p25, vhf and uhf, or is it just one or the other

clbsquared

The XTS series radios are single band radios only. Your flashcode will tell you what options the radio has. Read the radio with CPS and look at the flashcode feature set.

K2NEC

jruta

If you’re thinking of MODAT (LAPD sound) I don’t believe they’re capable of that, unlike the XTS3000 and Astro Saber.

mbnv992

MODAT has been very long been EOL’ed. no flash is available for MODAT in any Astro 25 series radio. LAPD themselves hasn’t used it in many many years and died along with the Astro Saber.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
No, MODAT is not supported and that's a good thing. You don't want to be THAT GUY whose radio makes that hella-annoying MODAT sound every time you transmit. It's even worse than a Roger Beep on a CB radio, if that's even possible. People who used the MODAT signalling mode without an operational NEED for it end up having no friends. At least none who are hearing your transmissions.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
If you’re thinking of MODAT (LAPD sound) I don’t believe they’re capable of that, unlike the XTS3000 and Astro Saber.
MODAT, a whacker's aphrodisiac. No reason to even use this except to be a complete lid, whacker or both. MODAT hasn't been used since 1990s on LAPD. It was never officially supported on anything but the Astro Saber. Some enterprising folks figured out how to enabled it on an XTS3000 but why? Whackerism.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Aside from the Whacktastic RealCopSounds(tm) effect, unless everyone you're speaking with has it enabled, audio on transmit will be muffled and muddy.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
That would be because, if I remember correctly, MODAT forces pre-emphasis to off, is that right?

The format generates 11 tones from 487.5 to 1937.5 Hz and thus pre-emphasis would cause the tones to be transmitted at
very different audio levels. This causes decoding problems so pre-emphasis is forced off for reliable signalling, at the cost of
reduced voice S/N ratios in less than ideal reception environments.