• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS AN 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Radio was upgraded to final firmware (yes with button) for AN.

Did they still not do the tone up/tone down for scan?

When programmed as ABC for scan, blank, scan list program the radio does not emit a tone up or tone down for scan on/off.

When programmed for button it will emit just a common beep the older firmware versions had.

Is this a set deal since it's AN and wasn't addressed in versions for the AN?

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Did you check out Radio Wide —> Alert tones —> Scan Alert Tone Enable? My AN runs all alert tones on the latest firmware.

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
are you using a real iButton refresh key or doing it the "dirty" method? Reason being is without using a proper refresh iButton, the codeplug version isn't actually being upgraded and thus, any "features" while present in the HOST code, may not actually work right until the codeplug is brought up the release version of the firmware.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Real. The one I just did works, model 2 2500 AN, but that one (1.5 AN doesnt). For giggles I did a AN uhf 2500 m2 and it is fine also.

Double checked everything and no result on the questionable one.

It will emit a normal tone beep for side button assignment for scan but ABC nothing. Not the mldern tone up tone down. Scsn program it'll tone beep if assigned to button but as said scan for ABC nothing.

Out of ideas on it the other 2 are doing it and I just did those, only difference is the model 2 on them.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
After looking and trying to figure it out the others had been previously bumped up in past. It's highly likely the one had around firmware around version 4 or around it.

Would a jump like that cause the issue without other step increases since the structure changed in regards to how it is structured? I wouldn't think so but it is odd.

It never dawned on me since we mainly have BNs that were 12 to 17.

Also I set the secure from side top 1 to ABC and it also wont emit a tone.

On side button secure tones fine enabling secure (aes).

The scan on side emits the same tone the secure on/off does.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I've bumped ancient XTLs and XTS radios from V3/V4 to current via OEM serial cables and iButtons with no issue. When I got to my agency around 5 years ago, most of the XTS5000s were circa 2002-2004 build (UASI grant) and XTS2500s were reband replacements for legacy STX821s. Most had original HOST/DSP and who knows when they were last aligned.

It took months and hours getting stuff vetted and prepped for our turnup of the Astro 25 system. In that time and lots of flashing, a few bricks resulted but the behavior your experiencing never occurred.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I've never seen this either. I recall at one time some fixes for the ABC switch but if I recall those were BN models that had that and it was more related to other things.

I guess it is what it is. Radio works fine and as long as one can recall A is scan i guess itll have to fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.